Rebuilding swingarm, but may need a new one

kbbrown123

Mar 17, 2009
Henry County GA
So im rebuilding my blasty from ground up. Took the swingarm off the junk frame and all the bearings, shafts, seals were eat up and destroyed. So after beating the hell outta it finally got all the rusted chewed up parts out on both sides. The inside of the pivot points on the swingarm look kinda gouged up, its not smooth inside there. Would it be ok to just throw a new bearing kit in or should i try smoothin the swingarm out before replacing baerings/shatfs/seals. Im not sure what the effect would be if i didnt. Hope you guys understand what im asking or explainin. I dont know, maybe the swingarm is trash i hope not, give me some good news B-)

take a fine file or even sand paper and smooth it out. Youll prolly end up chewing your bearings and seals up again like they were if you leave it the way it is. Make sure to only remove what needs to be and nothing else cause you still need to maintain a size for the bearing to sit in so its not sloppnig around.

i did this before, after having a carrier bearing lock up out on the trail, inside got chewed up a little, filed and smoothed it out a little, put in new ones and seals and they only lasted a few weeks before failing again, best bet is get new, or your wastin your money, just my opinion, but the front pivot may be a little more forgiving, since it only pivots up and down, not high rpm's like the rear