Rebuild on the "FREE SHEE"

Found an air leak in the billet intake. It is a 2 piece intake and seals with an o ring. I put some yamabond on it and will check it tomorrow.

pro-design intake no doubt ?
had my 34mm boot fail multiple leakdown tests, even with ultra copper sealant, finally ordered a new rubber boot for the billet base,
I believe this was done thru ATV Galaxy in cali. @ 949-863-1418
if the case bond doesn't seal it

i see, it has a built in crossover/equilizer tunnel,
hopefully the case bond gets it sealed.
those look just like the pro-design boots though, around the boot to billet base is where mine leaked.

Yeah i was wondering where the cross over tube thing went.its built in thats neat.. now that in itself should say boost bottles are worth less..

You don't have the time, but you want me to do it! :) Jk. A the end of the build I will look at my eBay account and list what I bought of CL.

Yeah i was wondering where the cross over tube thing went.its built in thats neat.. now that in itself should say boost bottles are worth less..

A lot of the manifolds don't even a crossover. Not using one on son's shee and it runs fine. Banshee is the only multi cyl 2s that I've ever seen with one. Not sure about the RZ350 tho.

The motor passed the leak test and is sitting in the frame. Because the billet intake is so much thicker than stock the CFM air box needs to be cut. I will post pictures and progress tomorrow. Should have airbox mounted and carbs in.

Here's the update. Apparently fitting the boss intake, cfm airbox, and t5 pipes won't work. Well cav4ever gave me that intake and I think it's bad azz. So out came the grinder, jigsaw, and drill. I was BARELY able to make it work. That boss intake is like putting a 1" reed spacer on. It moves the carbs way back. So I cut the frame mounts for the stock airbox and moved the cfm box back. Them I cut the back piece of the stock airbox out cause you need that to mount the coolant overflow tank. There is a lot of places that only have a 1/4 inch clearance now, but I think it will work. I took some pictures and will upload tomorrow at work (service sucks here.) I went to mount the radiator and I dont have the hardware. I need special bolts. The rad was off the bike when it was given to me. I priced them at bike bandit and they are $40 shipped! There is only 3 bolts some grommets and one special collar. Might be going to ACE!

The only problem I can see so far is the fuel line on the left carb. The fitting is almost touching the pipe. I should be able to work that out with some exhaust wrap tape and try to face the fitting in another direction.

sounds like project tightwad is coming together awesome stuff

I wish it was project tightwad! When it's all said and done I'll have 3 grand into a bike that was given to me!

Pics finally uploaded.

Here was the problem. I needed two more inches to fit the carbs in.

Fab work is a little sloppy. I was trying to hold, measure, and mark it at the same time. It's under the seat and more importantly it worked!

nice work mike !
tighter than a nuns............

that may call for some evil nun grafix
514_230x230_Peel.jpg

nice work mike !
tighter than a nuns............

that may call for some evil nun grafix
514_230x230_Peel.jpg

Haha Thanks. Yeah it's pretty snug. I could have done it the easy way and used the stock intakes. The boss intake was just to pretty and it would have taken all the fun out of it!

looks real nice second pic has a big glare kinda hard to take in. looks like its well put together heres hopein for the weekend. are you shure that tank is gonna be big enough cause you might find yourself on it way to long havin fun.