Rebuild on the "FREE SHEE"

No I got rid of it. I read pros and cons about it. I'm pretty good with carbs now. Everything I read states two carbs produce more power. Also a lot of people were having problems jetting the single, they couldn't get it smooth on all circuits.

I was one of them problem peoples with the single 35mm carb setup. Work all day to get it jetted perfect, just to start jetting process again the next day when the humidty changed and temp moved 10 deg either way. It did help improve bottem end but then again it lost mid and top. Worst 500.00 ever spent in my life. Went back to stock duel mic 26mm and 3 years later it runs the same as it did when I setup the jetting. Seems to be a reason why it come with 2 in the first place ya think.

Still keep'n my eye on the build, looking good so far. Its the first time I have seen a banshee stud break like that. Some would say thats pretty crappy luck, not me I think thats amazingly good luck. Better now than at over 9000 rpm in the middle of nowhere.

I can almost here the ting ting ting of the twin :)

Yeah man. I'm looking forward to getting her together. If people want to tame it for the trails shouldn't they just put a flywheel weight on. I don't like the ideas of the single carb and the 2 into 1 exhaust. Just seems like it would choke the twin cylinder motor down.

I honestly havent had an issue with my jetting of the single carb setup I think I am one of the rare ones that actually like the single carb

I honestly havent had an issue with my jetting of the single carb setup I think I am one of the rare ones that actually like the single carb

Not everybody has problems. I just have bad luck and figured I would be on of the ones that did :) a lot of people swear by them. I know yours runs good, ken gave me the full report :):) I can't wait to come up there and do some riding.

So I made a little progress tonight. I swear I have bad luck though. I took a lot of pictures and I'm going to try to do this in order.

Put in the new studs and got the cool head on.

Just some more pictures of the Ken Occonor ported cylinders!

So next was the intake. Used a thin layer od yamabond on every sealing surface

Now on to the part that completely whipped my azz. THE CLUTCH!! Should have been very simple. I bought a boss clutch basket because the stock basket was trashed. I also bought a tusk hd clutch kit. The clutch in this motor was so f'd up! So after I pry all the old plates out of the basket I find that the nut that holds the clutch boss in is loose. That was the first sign.

So now it's time to switch the gear from the stock basket to the boss. This went very smooth.

Not sure if I was supposed to put this on the new basket, but I figured it can't hurt anything. I had to trim it to fit.

Last edited:
Still swapping the gear. Some of the stock cushions/bumpers were shredded. I believe it's cause the nut was loose.

Luckily my Boss basket came with cushions.

Fiber plates soaked in gear oil

So when I went to put the clutch boss on something didn't feel/look right. Well that's because both of the thrust washers were behind the clutch boss. I don't know how long somebody ran the motor like this, but it was long enough to weld them together! I had to use map gas to get the separated.

Now on to the Boss pancake bearing I bought. Well I think that thing is a POS! I like the concepy, but not the product. So I used the ols push plate/rod and snuck the bearing and washer in there. I was getting frustrated and stopped taking pictures at this point.

So the motor is ready to be put back on the bike AFTER a leak test. I'm picking up the extra pieces tomorrow to adapt my blaster tester to the shee.

this makes me want a banshee really bad lol, soon hopefully but wow who knows i didint get the job i was 99 percent sure i was going to get, f*ck wild waves theme park dont ever go there they suck and it smells like piss all around the park!!!!!!!! had to vent lol

back on topic. is the wheel base going to be stock size on this?

this makes me want a banshee really bad lol, soon hopefully but wow who knows i didint get the job i was 99 percent sure i was going to get, f*ck wild waves theme park dont ever go there they suck and it smells like piss all around the park!!!!!!!! had to vent lol

back on topic. is the wheel base going to be stock size on this?

Well the back rims have a big offset the width of the bike is going to be 48", same as the blaster. Not sure if I want to stretch it out yet. I'll know after I ride it.

So I forgot to mention that Tusk f'd up. For some reason they thought I could use an odd size spring that wouldn't fit in the pressure plate. New springs on the left, stock on right.

No I already put 2 of the old springs in across from each other. No big deal. It will make it a little easier to pull too.

So I forgot to mention that Tusk f'd up. For some reason they thought I could use an odd size spring that wouldn't fit in the pressure plate. New springs on the left, stock on right.

man that sux who at tusk would think thats funny?
Well the back rims have a big offset the width of the bike is going to be 48", same as the blaster. Not sure if I want to stretch it out yet. I'll know after I ride it.

most do them with at least a +2 or 3 inch with a ported motor and is still quite capeable on the trails and exc.

man that sux who at tusk would think thats funny?

most do them with at least a +2 or 3 inch with a ported motor and is still quite capeable on the trails and exc.

I've been reading about it. They actually make a -1 and -2 swinger for added traction. When you extend the swingarm you lose traction. That's what I'm dealing with on my black blaster now.

Found an air leak in the billet intake. It is a 2 piece intake and seals with an o ring. I put some yamabond on it and will check it tomorrow.