Race Video Dade City MX

goodman24x

May 2, 2010
West Central Florida
Colby is getting closer to the front. The 2 raptors in the video are national caliber builds, the yellow one is built by RAGE and they are hard to beat on a short track because the 4strokes are so strong coming out of the turns, they pull like heck. He is 2nd from right on the gate.
He got 2nd in the holeshot and finished 2nd on the night overall.

We started a facebook page if any of you blaster brothers want to follow him during the season. "Like" it if you dont mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont count out the blasters, they will run with the raptors. But the raptor builders are starting to find some serious hp & torque from the old air cooled 250 motor. I can tell you this, I beleive a blaster set up right can win and Jordan Gibson proved it many times but in the last year the rappy builders have caught up and the future of racing is thumpers once you get past mini quads but that is also changing with the chinese thumper motors as there are guys who build them to compete as well thanks to the pit bike craze.
Find a good builder and work with him. I beleive Ken OConner is the go to guy on here and Jordans motor proved he builds a fast engine. Also ebay and the forums are your friend when making a race build. Do yourself a favor and get the absolute best suspension a-arms/shocks/axle you can afford. Good suspension makes a faster rider than a powerful engine. Once you get fast on the suspension then build the motor unless you can afford to do it all at once.

Dont count out the blasters, they will run with the raptors. But the raptor builders are starting to find some serious hp & torque from the old air cooled 250 motor. I can tell you this, I beleive a blaster set up right can win and Jordan Gibson proved it many times but in the last year the rappy builders have caught up and the future of racing is thumpers once you get past mini quads but that is also changing with the chinese thumper motors as there are guys who build them to compete as well thanks to the pit bike craze.
Find a good builder and work with him. I beleive Ken OConner is the go to guy on here and Jordans motor proved he builds a fast engine. Also ebay and the forums are your friend when making a race build. Do yourself a favor and get the absolute best suspension a-arms/shocks/axle you can afford. Good suspension makes a faster rider than a powerful engine. Once you get fast on the suspension then build the motor unless you can afford to do it all at once.

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely take it into account.

Thanks Ken, thinking of going back into it to see if we can find some bottom. Not sure though. My +3 should be here before next race so that should help him keep in the throttle on the holeshot which should get him near the front with those rappys.
Hear Gibson is wanting to see inside the yellow raptor8-|
Seems he thinks only the cpr builds should be fast...lol

Do yourself a favor and get the absolute best suspension a-arms/shocks/axle you can afford. Good suspension makes a faster rider than a powerful engine. Once you get fast on the suspension then build the motor unless you can afford to do it all at once.

yep couldn't agree more i used race a stock blaster (it had a +2 axle and a 250r rear shock) but my new quad has elka stage 3s, all round +2 leager arms, +2 lonestar axle and duglas offset rims and the engine is stock but it has different pipe and reeds. but the difference it make having good suspension is unreal

@ Goodman. I live in florida also and i would like to go and sign up for some mx. I have +3 stroker i would like to race. Dont have awesome suspension but ive been looking foward to race.

Nice Job, I love to watch the 2 strokes run up front. My Son races a Blaster too, unfortunately He's had multiple injuries this year (concussion, broken arm, sprained MCL and now a broken femur). I've been using the down time to work on the Blasty. We'll be back better that ever next year.

Congratulations on a good race!

@blasterbogger, the blaster classes at most tracks in Florida are restricted by engine size to 200cc. The FB link is in the bottom of the first post.

@kp, thanks and hope your son gets well soon.