quick question

Technically you only need it when starting out.I myself like using the clutch through all gears.

lots of times i only use the clutch to start out, and then leave off the throttle a little to shift up, after a little practice you'll be able to feel the right rpm's to shift up at, you cant be wide open throttle and try to upshift without 'blipping' it (leaving off a little) and sometimes slip it to get the rpm's up out of a corner or on a hill
i just bang 'em down when slowing down, cause your usually off the gas anyway
i had my old blaster from brand new in '96 for almost 9 years, and it never needed rebuilt (warm it up good before every ride) or never had any clutch problems, never slipped or replaced, all stock till the day i sold it, i just made sure i used good gear oil (for 2 stokes) and changed it monthly during the hard summer riding season

Last edited:
Since the clutch is there use it. Dont be a pussy and not use it. If you buy a quad with a clutch, use it! If you suck at it or dont want to use it, go find an automatic quad.

did i just called a "pussy" ??? by a 14 year old, thats hilarious, young buck you better look at my age, and slap your daddy for me for not teaching you any respect for your elders, i dont use my clutch because it gives you quicker shifts, and when you grow up and learn to ride as hard as i do, you'll find out that it makes you faster!
how old were you in 1996?? when i bought my fist blaster, sh*ttin you diapers, thats how old!!!
your lucky i dont come to new york and run your bike (your daddy built for you) lap for lap, title for title, and spank you little ass with my almost stock bike, now it's gettin late and past your bed time, get to your room, and no tv, hahaha

Last edited:
first of all.. i agree with 89 custom about the whole thign where awk started to fight.. don't even try to fight with him, especially where you messed up simple english in your first sentence dude.

2nd of all.. just use the clutch, they put it on for a reason.. or else they mighta left it off and made it a semi-auto quad.. so just use it haha.

apperently no one paid attention to me saying "thats hilarious", and the "hahaha" at the end, sometimes it takes a little experience to tell when someone's just joking
but there was no need to even use the word "pussy" in this thread so i responded to the disrespect, and as for fighting with a 14 year old, thats ridiculous, i've raised 5 kids, and never once got mad when they sh*t they're diapers

and 89, how many threads have you seen me in, alot, i've yet to say anything negative to anyone

but the thing is, blasterboy didnt sh*t his diaper, still clean, he gave you some back mouth. you ever get mad at your kids for giving you backmouth? ya thats what i thought. fighting with a 14 year old. straight up.

apperently no one paid attention to me saying "thats hilarious", and the "hahaha" at the end, sometimes it takes a little experience to tell when someone's just joking
but there was no need to even use the word "pussy" in this thread so i responded to the disrespect, and now i'm gettin english lessons from finland, i should keep this going, it's gettin better by the minute, but i wont
and as for fighting with a 14 year old, thats ridiculous, i've raised 5 kids, and never once got mad when they sh*t they're diapers

yeah, you're getting an english lesson from a finnish guy, who went to school in America from the age of 14, earned his awards through national honors society, went to Stanford University and studied medical psychology, medical tech, and forensics.

noww. im working back in finland, as a phlebotomist, and an x-ray tech. aide
ohh. and i forgot to add.. that whilest i was working in America.. i had 3 jobs as well.. i was a Forensic anthropologist and a Surgeon's aie, and on the side.. i worked as an embalmer for my Uncle's mortuary in south west pennsylvania

i guess im gonna have to limit my posts and advice to threads started by adults, so i dont get sucked into childish bullshit anymore, as far as i see, theres only one person in this thread 1/2 my age, i'll just keep my 2 cents and 13 yr's experience with blasters to myself

i guess im gonna have to limit my posts and advice to threads started by adults, so i dont get sucked into childish bullshit anymore, as far as i see, theres only one person in this thread 1/2 my age, i'll just keep my 2 cents and 13 yr's experience with blasters to myself

i just realized NOW haha that you said "hahaha" at the end of that post..
i don't have anything against you honestly.
and actually im a little more than half your age im 27 right now, but, it's nice that we do have someone with as much experience as you. it' just i guess we ALLLL have to learn to take things a little less seriously (that was including myself as well..) every single one of us tht got serious in this should mellow out some. let's just let this be a bygone.

Why thank you 89. Now first off, no one is fighting, plain and simple. Second I'm a very respectful 14 YEAR OLD. Just to get to get it out there, what I was trying to say, THE CLUTCH IS THERE. If you don't know HOW to use it or your SCARED to use it, buy an automatic quad where you dont have to shift.

Second of all. Dont you ever, EVER say my father built my bike. I yeah I build my own bikes by MYSELF, my father doesnt give me any money, or do any of it. Ive learned from trial and era so dont say anything about my father buying or working on my bike. And as you called riding hard? I can guarantee i ride harder than you. As of 1996 i was riding my first dirt bike, not sh*tting my pants.