Q10's Racing

I have always been concerned about letting a 2 stroke idle for a long period.

At idle very little oil is delivered to the crancase, to my mind not a fair amount to fully lubricate rings in a freshly honed bore.

As you say there are many ways of doing it, and they all may arrive at the same result.

I have always been concerned about letting a 2 stroke idle for a long period.

At idle very little oil is delivered to the crancase, to my mind not a fair amount to fully lubricate rings in a freshly honed bore.

As you say there are many ways of doing it, and they all may arrive at the same result.

i just tried to mix KOR and CCivics ways lol

Which ever way you do it, you should arrive at the same result.

I still think a lot of "old school" stuff, I am a little set in my ways. But I am never too old to learn different techniques.

As an old timer that always tuned by the seat of the pants method, you can imagine what my reaction was when plug chopping came into fashion.

What stupidity is this, were my thoughts, but it soon dawned on me that it is the only way to really know if you have got jetting right.

Which ever way you do it, you should arrive at the same result.

I still think a lot of "old school" stuff, I am a little set in my ways. But I am never too old to learn different techniques.

As an old timer that always tuned by the seat of the pants method, you can imagine what my reaction was when plug chopping came into fashion.

What stupidity is this, were my thoughts, but it soon dawned on me that it is the only way to really know if you have got jetting right.

haha. i had somewht the same reactions..... i was like " wtf is this??? such a waste of plugs and money" but now i get why :D

welp, it looks like the race is off....... again.

mom went to drive to work today, and her car lost all power, and started to shake. got towed to honda. and i told them to replace the spark plugs since is never been done since 03, and because i felt the car shake all the time, and it was getting hard to start. (figured one might be misfireing or not firing at all) but as usually, she dosent trust me with any work on her car, so she just ingnored me about it. honda replaced the plugs, and turned out it wasent the problem. wht happened is that cylinder #5 lost 85% of its compression. and they dont now y. so there gonna replace the head gasket, and see if that helps. they said there gonna check the piston to cylinder clearence, and see what that is. hopefully it turns out ok, and not much will be spent. if not, and it goes the way i think it will, then there is probs no more racing the rest of this season. for the fact of it costing a sh*t load. honda said if it is bad, and the gasket doesnt fix it, were better off getting a new car. in which we cant afford eaither.
this sucks.

Seriously what the heck , Sorry to hear man , hope everything Gets Settled , I know how much you were looking forward to that Race with those new Parts Keep us updated man , Again Sorry to hear bro

damn buddy, and i thought 88blaster had bad luck,
you may just take his schleprock crown from him.

time to take that blaster for good ass whoopin out on some trails to relieve some stress !!!!

damn buddy, and i thought 88blaster had bad luck,
you may just take his schleprock crown from him.

time to take that blaster for good ass whoopin out on some trails to relieve some stress !!!!

i dont have trails anywhere around me. and its still not running

honda said there gonna check the valves and head gasket, which in my opinon is stupid, because i it werre the head gasket, there would be at least some anti freez seeping out which tere is not (so my mom said) and if it were the valves, it would be poping and backfireing and making a lot of noise, which it dosent. unless there stuck closed. so that leads to something being sucked into the fuel or oil, and it scraping the hell out of the cylinder making it loose compression or valves stuck closed. but it cant be the gas, cause that would mean eaither the filter is clogged, and sgtarted to push all the sh*t threw it, or it was in the oil.

the guy who towed my mom, couldent figure out how the hell i fit my blaster in there. he said he has a LT250r with like 6K invested into it.

Gees lad, that is some bad news.

It is times like this when the distance barrier rears it's ugly head, with physical help being impossible.

There is a possibility of a valve being burnt allowing compression to be lost.

There is a way to diagnose wether it is a piston or a valve that is causing the problem. It is a wet compression test, and I sure hope the shop does one before they rip the head off to check the piston, if they don't I would be bitching about it.

Do a compression test and write down the values for each cylinder.

Do another test but this time pour about a tablespoon of engine oil in the plug hole. If the compression stays the same it is a valve problem, if the compression rises the prob is with a piston/rings.

If there is oil in the water, or water in the oil, then it usually points to a head gasket.

A check for the head gasket is to remove the radiator cap and rev the motor some, if it is compression leaking into the water jacket you will see large bubbles being swirled around in the water.

As to the valve problem, It has recently happened to my Turbo Capri. The waste gate malfunctioned causing over boost and actually overheated a valve and cut a chunk out of an exhaust valve like an oxy torch.

Good luck young buddy, I may be able to help a little, if you get my drift.

if it were the valves, it would be poping and backfireing and making a lot of noise, which it dosent. unless there stuck closed.

Just a little bit of heddification here, I is very unlikely for a valve to stick closed, just think about it, but very likely for one to stick open, causing lack of compression.

Sticky or burnt valves do not usually return symptoms of popping or backfiring, that is usually a symptom of a slipped timing belt or chain or a weak AFR.

I know. We don't have the car. Honda does, and were not getting it back till it done. But I'll tell my mom to tell Honda to do the wet compression test. No guarantee that they will do it tho. But thaks for the help.

I'm.hoping I can still go.to the race. But as of now, thanks to you, there is a possibility of going so as long as we get the car back.in time. But I'm no.mericul worker, and there's no guarantee of that happening. I'm just crossing my fingers.

And thanks blaaster :)

If Honda is any good it is only a day job.

I can remove a head, replace and grind valves and have the motor running the same day, by myself and I am nearly 70 to boot.

Failing getting the car back in time, do you have a buddy with a tow ball, that could help with towing a trailer for you.

It may be time to find out who your friends are and if they are willing to help out a friend in need.

Re: Q10's RacingI

If Honda is any good it is only a day job.

I can remove a head, replace and grind valves and have the motor running the same day, by myself and I am nearly 70 to boot.

Failing getting the car back in time, do you have a buddy with a tow ball, that could help with towing a trailer for you.

It may be time to find out who your friends are and if they are willing to help out a friend in need.

I DO, and I've had ppl offer me rides all the time cause they want to ride with me and such, but the thing being my mom being nurvus wreck, I would nevr be allowed to go.with any one

Take mom with you.

Like I said. She's a nervous wreck. Dosent trust anyone. I'm still not allowed.to drive with my brother. I'm almost 16 and he's 20. Yea. It's ridiculous. The first time we went to a track, she saw 1 person fall, she ran back.to the car and started to pack.everything up. And told me we were leaving. So that's when I just jumped on the quad and went on the track lol.

but the thing being my mom being nurvus wreck, I would nevr be allowed to go.with any one

you seem very mature and responsible...at least on here !
time to get mom some valiums I:I

you seem very mature and responsible...at least on here !
time to get mom some valiums I:I

Well wht am i.going to do? Stomp my feat and scream? Lol. And in a way I do.t blame her. My dad is an ahole and has tried to take custody of me and my brother. Hece y I ha vent seen him in 5-6 years. But in another way, I'm not 5 anymore, and I can do things on my own. Guess she doesn't believe me. But that's another story.