Pw80 I just finished

DUALSTROKE

Giving away free clues
Technician
Mar 2, 2008
masshole
Long story short my buddies 6 year old had this bike and was not running very good. Low compression,carb issues,missing bolts,etc. basically needed a lot of tlc. Dealer wanted $800 to fix it. I took care of him and it was less than a 1/4 of that. New top end including a new cylinder, cleaned the whole bike,added graphics,fixed the carb issues including new jetting with the injection still in use!!!,modded airbox and exhaust. Fires on first kick and idles great. I found the carb to be a Chinese knock off. After talking to my buddy he said his friend had replaced it. After a week he came back with the original Mikuni. Yesssss!!!!! A quick clean and it's as good as new. I originally found low compression and raw fuel in the pipe and crank case. After finding the knock off carb does not have an over flow tube (looks like it's there,hose,barb but no passage)and just a drain.Exactly why it was going straight through the reeds into the crank case and then exhaust. Also why it had such low compression.It's ready to go under the tree for him to see it running and cleaned up. He's gonna be stoked . Pics to follow if I can figure it out on mobile.lol

lookin good brother !!!!!
pics............

photo1_zps21a0139d.jpg

photo1_1_zpsae732ba5.jpg

photo2_zps346cc080.jpg

photo2_1_zpsee6f2ea3.jpg

photo3_zps302ba101.jpg

photo3_1_zpsf501c292.jpg

photo4_zpsbd7907bc.jpg

photo4_1_zpsde2db46d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Thanks awk for posting those pics for me. Dropped it off to my buddy today. He was super happy and said he couldn't wait to see his kids face. I took it for A quick rip. Hauled my fat ass around pretty good. Lol

Nice work Ian, my boy has the same bike. He can pull some nice wheelies on it.

I was surprised how good it pulled wheelies. Fun little indestructible bike. Parts are cheap to. You know the deal Mike. Post pics or your lying. Lol