Pre-Mix calculations

just wondering what oil would be better for best protection.I have the motomaster preamuim 2 stroke oil or would the amsoil hp lnjector oil be better protection.I have been runnin the motomaster would it hurt to go with the amsoil.I think the motomaster is a demestic and the amsoil is a synthetic oil info on this would be nice thanks.

wow...this thread just keeps comming back !!!lol
im my opinion there are many good synthetic oils out there..allot of people on here swear by maxima , amsoil, klotz..etc.
i think those are all good..I personaly run amsoil and have never had a problem with it..after, ive run it for many years now.. tearing down many engines there seems to be very little carbon build up, and little wear .i have watched friends tear down engines that have always run klotz and there seems to be a little more build up then the amsoil, i think the klotz has a good "perfume" smell but that may contribute to the carbon build up as well., not sure. i still love that klotz smell though and its a widely used synthetic oil by many millions of riders. but I love amsoil

MAXIMA, AMSOIL, KLOTZ...thats my opinion.

does it mater what kind of oil you use? i just bought some havoline 2 cycle oil. i just wanted to double check and make sure its ok to put in my baby.

yeah i gotta ratio cup and it's the sh*t plain and simple....umm for whoever said their bike was running hott...well you have the wrong spark plug if im not mistaken..it should be an 8 not a 9 in there...different numbers usually equal different burning temps...and for that 50:1 ratio break in...idk about that....ive only heard of them saying it just never saw anyone doing it...i just stick with 32:1 constant...besides the lil extra drops ya throw in for love ya know

i been running 50.1 with motul 710 but now running castor 927......
should i run more oil? my bike is .50 over

There's a really good thread on this on Thumpertalk in the 2 stroke Yamaha section. Some guys have gone down to 20:1 with good results with cheap outboard motor oil. It's worth a read. Just search that forum for 20:1.

Something lots of guys get mixed up (including some in this thread from the sounds of it): More oil in the gas is a richer OIL to GAS ratio, but it actually results in a LEANER FUEL to AIR ratio. In other words, if you are running 32:1, and change mix ratio to 20:1, you will need to put in BIGGER jets in the carb as each "unit" of mixture now has less fuel in it.

Also, as mentioned, there is evidence that more oil=more power, to a point of course. The reasons for this are less friction and better ring seal. It's an interesting topic for sure. I know I'm going to experiment with 20:1 after reading that thread.

Re: melted piston

I´m running 25:1 full syntetic oil and its the second timed i´ve melted the piston...
First piston was original yamaha
Second piston wisecon +5hp piston ... ran it for 600 miles and "melted down".
Any ideas if i oil ratio is correct?

wait...

The more oil you add, the thicker (only slightly but it makes a difference) your fuel gets and the slower it flows through the jets.. Also, jets meter the total volume, if you have 1:50, you get 98% fuel and 2% oil... if your running about 1:30, you get 97% fuel and 3% oil.. more oil = slightly leaner mixture

it sounds to me like you have an ignition problem though.. What part of the piston melts? have you shaved the head, and what kind of porting do you have; is it a screamer or a grunter?