possible jetting issues

Yeah I even changed the entire rear plastics from my 00' with airbox and all and it would idle a little high with the choke all the way in and the air air screw closed. But it smokes like a biotch and has no power. Before I did the jets it ran but didn't hold and idle. Now it holds a idle a little high but it just has no power. I don't get it. There was nothing wrong with the 00' set up because it ran on my 00' it just needs the top end rebuilt. So if its not before the carb its got to be the reeds or something?? Wrong jet size? Too big? I'm going to leak down test it but I'm just trying to rule everything out before I do that.

First and foremost is the leakdown test. NO point into even thinking about doing anything else until you know the motor is leak free.

Yeah I even changed the entire rear plastics from my 00' with airbox and all and it would idle a little high with the choke all the way in and the air air screw closed.

Your airbox wont make a difference. The only place you can have an airleak is in front of the carb.

A hole in the airbox and/or tube could cause you to suck in dirt/sand/crap