possible jetting issues

Tors is hooked up and plugged in.. I'm not sure on plug size what does that have to do with it?

But it does kinda both.. Pops on deceleration and it will back fire every here and there ya know. So confusing ima start with resetting the needle tomorrow and go from there.

i was just saying it could be electrical
and not your carb?
can you rev it fully sitting still?
if the tors is malfunctioning it will run like crap too/but more then likely not fully rev.
ngk b8es or ngk br8es is what plug should be in it:)

you are chasing the carb,with no luck.........o_Operhaps it is summin else

Reactions: squadlife
I would start with a leaktest and compression test. Wonder how long that stock jet and toomey were on there together? Coulda caused some havoc

^^^ that Unfortunately. Not a big deal though man just leak test the motor (very easy) and you really should disconnect TORS you're not a child anyways. In your case you wanna cut and splice the wires together under the hood.

I don't really know how to delete the tors and really don't see a reason too.. It worked fine before I will add I did remove the air filter and blew it out with an air hose and didn't oil it before putting it back in.. I'm thinking this might be some of my problem so today I'm going to oil the air filter and reset me needle at middle and go from there.

Backfiring and popping on deceleration is typical of a lean condition. the fact that its running better with the lid on and choke on verifies that. Oiling the filter will help as well but make sure you let it dry so you don't suck in filter oil.

Like they said above, you probably have an ail leak and thats why its running really lean. Need to leak test it with a proper leak test.

Reactions: MURPH
Make sure you use air filter oil specifically for K&N. If you use foam filter oil it won't run right and is really hard to get off the filter. The reason people are saying to delete TORS is because your symptoms kinda resemble the tors issue. The TORS system goes bad out of no where also so by saying it ran good before means nothing It literally takes 2 mins to do then you can check that off the list.

Reactions: MURPH
Stopping to dry out the throttle box multiple times in a light rain just to get back to the truck was good enough reason to get rid of it. At the time had I known all was needed was to pull the plug, I'd been happy camper.

Ok well if the tors is bad would this thing even run?? I mean I rode it a bit when it had the stock 230 jet and it just wouldn't idle but it ran like it had a 250 big bore kit.. Now its pretty much holding a idle with the choke.. I may delete the tors if the problems persist after recharging the air filter and like I said checking and resetting the needle. If this thing still runs like sh*t I'm going to delete it and let you guys know what happens.. Til the filter is oiled I have no idea.

No if it was TORS you wouldn't be able to ride. It would idle but bog out when giving it gas. It ran amazing with that small jet cause it was so lean which is dangerous. I've yet to blow a engine but supposedly people say it ran best right before it blew.

can we see the troubled quad:)
do you got a pic?
also what is airscrew set at?
yes if you can ride it then i guess tors is not the issue

Last edited:
can we see the troubled quad:)
do you got a pic?
also what is airscrew set at?
yes if you can ride it then i guess tors is not the issue
Air screw all the way in and if its half choke it idles perfect. No choke and air screw all the way in and it idles high. Toros deleted.. 320 and a 32.5 jet stock needle middle clip. Stock needle jet.