painting plastics?

it only chipped because thats whats your gonna expect when you paint platics.

not really true, what do you think most new car bumpers are made of. i know some people think its like some magic way to paint plastic but if you prep it right it shouldnt chip, peel or flake off. use good auto paint and plastic bond promotion spray and it stay put.

look at mines it still looks great.

my plastic worked great. it doesnt chip except in the place where my boots rubbed against the plastics. I just cleaned and sanded them really well before i used krylon fusion.

id be wary if i was paintin mine,i jus dont think paintin plastics works well,well most of de 1's iv seen didn,, i wudn do it myself only a professional job if i was gonna do it!!!

yeah honestly, i tried just doin walmart spray paint on mine, and it works great, lol. doesn't chip off even with pressure washer, only comes off where i've wrecked or where my boots have hit it really hard, i can scratch at it with my fingers and it won't come off, although it's not as shiny as rocky's, it still looks good, i think its all just in how you prep it

Here is a cheap way to get most paints to stick to plastic. This is basically what is used on car bumpers, just in rattle can form. I plan to spray my plastics this weekend, as I have used this with great results.

51K34EKRRML_SL500_AA280_.jpg

i've painted many parts for jet skis. the first method just using krylon fusion/rustoleum paint for plastics wasnt too sucessful. simply cleaned parts and painted. didnt last long. covers left imprints in paint, scratched off, ect.

my 2nd method was sucessful and looked professional.

clean parts with paint thinner, degreaser, or just soap and water. wet sand with 400 grit, wash with soapy water, let dry in sun, use rustolem primer for plastics. put a nice coat that covers the whole piece, wetsand with 600, recoar and re wet sand with 600 until you get a smooth finish. wet sand it good, like try to take the primer off. if it comes off, then paint would have too. after you get it primed, use regular spray paint, i prefer plastikote. any paint will work after its primed good. do the same process, paint, wet sand with 600, paint wet sand with 600 until you get a finish you like. when it looks good, stop!

i've done some pretty amazing hoods on pwcs this way, people cant believe it was done with a rattle can