painting plastics?

blaster20001

Jul 10, 2008
jackson mi
im thinking about painting my plastics whats your guys and gals opions on this id like to know also how good is this krylon fusion paint?if the fender bends will the paint crack off?lmk

well i just painted my dirt bike fenders with the krylon fusion the other day and it is already starting to wear off

yeaaahh, i wouldnt do the krylon, its fine on other stuff like lawn chairs and sh*t but i painted my left fender on my old blaster to see how it wuold turn out and just from putting it on the paint was wearing off, so i took it off and took some wd40 to it haha. if you really want to paint your plastics, use a professional grade spray gun and auto paint/clearcoat.

thanks for letting us all know about that fusion paint. I was also just about to paint my plastics black tomorrow. I guess I will just keep the beat up blue look. Maybe just a plastics restore now.

thanks for letting us all know about that fusion paint. I was also just about to paint my plastics black tomorrow. I guess I will just keep the beat up blue look. Maybe just a plastics restore now.
i highly recommend a professional grade paintjob, using auto paint and spray guns. My brother painted his RM250 like 8 or so years ago and he sold it to a guy in canada, the guy brought it to the track the other day and i recognized it. still looks great.

im thinking about painting my plastics whats your guys and gals opions on this id like to know also how good is this krylon fusion paint?if the fender bends will the paint crack off?lmk

i used fusion on my rear body piece an it hasnt chipped up yet i just wiped it all down with rubbing alcohol before painting it has a few small scratches but you really cant expect much from a $10 paint job either

I painted my plastics about a month ago with the Rustoleum's plastic paint and it worked great. The can said there is no need to sand it or even prime it. All you have do is get the dust and any oils off the plastic.

Painted mine with Krylon fusion after i said I wouldnt. Ill let everybody know how it holds up after i take it out for a ride. I am gonna let it cure for a few days with out washing it or riding it. The can says to let it cure for 7 days to make sure the paint it dry.

i have like brown stains on my rear fenders how bad you think id look if i sanded and sh*t than painteD?

what color do you want to paint? and it would not matter anyways....any color paint would just cover up the stains so you couldnt see them anyways.

what i would try..try to get some epoxy paint, they make it in many colors..weve used it on springs befor..and on the plastics i would use a clear coat because its tacky when it dries

i used the Krylon fusion paint and it didnt chip that bad. it only chipped because thats whats your gonna expect when you paint platics. especially riding through woods and stuff