Oil Leak 96 blaster

yeah i opened the oil pump hole and tipped it a little and drained all that crap fluid out so tomorrow i am gonna drain the case and fill it to the correct level with atf fluid. How much needs to do in there. And i will also see if there is a leak anymore which i bet there isn't

yeah i opened the oil pump hole and tipped it a little and drained all that crap fluid out so tomorrow i am gonna drain the case and fill it to the correct level with atf fluid. How much needs to do in there. And i will also see if there is a leak anymore which i bet there isn't

There is a drain plug under the engine to let all the oil out, pull it out tonight and leave it open til tomorrow then refill it

alright thanks and i will fill it with red atf fluid so i will know for sure if anything new is leaking. Something that i don't understand is that if it wasn't in the crank case then where was that fluid and how was it being pumped out.

alright thanks and i will fill it with red atf fluid so i will know for sure if anything new is leaking. Something that i don't understand is that if it wasn't in the crank case then where was that fluid and how was it being pumped out.

It just may have not mixed in the crank case, the whole crank case is connected inside except where the crank is under the piston, so the oil is all inside there

But the trans fluid and this gray fluid were different and they weren't combined. I don't think that they were in the same space ever unless the gray fluid just barely came in and was then pumped out.

But the trans fluid and this gray fluid were different and they weren't combined. I don't think that they were in the same space ever unless the gray fluid just barely came in and was then pumped out.

Well the vent ontop comes from the transmission fluid, so if it was coming from that vent, then its from the tranny

Any time you have gears moving in oil it will create pressure and it will need a vent so it doesn't pop out seals.in your case the tranny was over filled pressure built up and it went out the vent. That's how it's getting pumped out

Any time you have gears moving in oil it will create pressure and it will need a vent so it doesn't pop out seals.in your case the tranny was over filled pressure built up and it went out the vent. That's how it's getting pumped out
Makes sense thanks so do you think that it was just overfilled and that is what leak was so the previous owner was kinda creating his own problem.

haha its draining as we speak and i will refill with fresh in the morning and run it up and down the trails at my house then let you guys know if there is a leak or not how much atf fluid needs to go into the trans.