Oil Leak 96 blaster

alright so what seals should i replace and the tranny fluid must be dirty because it is a grayish color. I see the vent and i am getting a hose for it tomorrow.

and do i need to split the case to replace them or just take off the side covers. Where is the tranny drain plug and i don't think that the case has ever been split open.

the one behind the sprocket you have to remove the cover to have access to it then remove the sprocket and the shifter one is accessible by removing the shifter lever

alright and you think that is the where the leak is also there is oil on the top of the case but there isn't a hose on the vent at the moment

Could be, clean it off really good, check fluid level and add some oil if needed, then ride her a lil for a couple mins then check to see if you can tell where the leak is coming from. Don't ride it hard, just stay in 1st gear for the test

yeah that would make sense so what would you recommend to diagnose this. Should i do like you said earlier and check levels then run it a little and check again. and i have heard that simple auto trans fluid will work well in this transmission.

alright i will clean it off good check levels and idle around then check again. Then let you know what i find. Thanks for all the help you have given.

Ok so i just washed it and put in red atf fluid so i can tell a color was leaking. So i ran it slowly around and then inspected the motor for any leaks. It was dumping fluid out that small fitting right next to cylinder but it wasn't red like what i put in it was a grayish clear color. I also took off the cover to the oil pump and took off the block off plate and the same color fluid poured out. I think that all of the fluid is coming out the fitting on the top of the crank case next to the cylinder because i put a hose on it and all the fluid was pouring out the hose onto the floor and the bottom end of the block was dripping and i think it all came from that fitting.

No I put in enough new fluid to fill it but I think all the fluid is leaking out that top fitting so should I drain all the gray fluid out and put in new fluid and check for leaks again

No I put in enough new fluid to fill it but I think all the fluid is leaking out that top fitting so should I drain all the gray fluid out and put in new fluid and check for leaks again

Yeah, if the old oil has water in it, you need to fill and drain a couple times to get all the old stuff and water out. Each time riding it like for the test ride before draining it. Then fill with 650 ml, clean it again, then test ride and check to see if its leaking.

you need to empty that tank under the seat. you don't need it anymore. you also need to get a proper block off kit or read up on how to do it yourself. sounds like the tranny oil isn't the issue. but it will be hard to figure out until you get rid of all that 2 stroke oil pooring out everywhere. you might as well remove the whole tank if the tubes going to the carb are disconected

Alright I just took of the plate that was covering the hole where the pump went and the same fluid that was leaking out of the vent. I drained all of it out and it isn't leaking anymore out of the fitting next to the cylinder. And there wasn't any reservoir under the seat. So how did oil get in there and it was a good bit of oil. If the tranny was over filled could not overflow into there and then leak out the fitting. But again after I drained it it didn't leak anymore and tomorrow I am gonna take the block plug out and drain the atf fluid and replace it then run it and check for leaks