OConnor Racing build

This is the Vertex piston I took out of my old engine. This piston has a ton of hours of hard riding on it. I rebuilt the engine at the beginning of last year and this is what it looks like when I took it out. I measured the skirts and the bore. I ran .0025 clearance and the only wear was on the intake bridge. I opened the cylinder up to .004 clearance for this project. Motule oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $17 a quart but worth every cent. I was happy with the burn pattern.

Blasterbuild6008.jpg

Blasterbuild6009.jpg

dam that motule oil is some good sh*t! i opened the cylinder in my blasty after about 30 hours and the piston was all scratched up, im guessing it was that amsoil crap, no good.

I had the day off yesterday so I started early and worked late. The swinger is finished. This is how I decided to beef it up. I added another cross brace in the back. I could have used round pipe but decided to go with rectangular tubing for a few reasons. The first being more area to weld and the second being it was easier to weld.
Blasterbuild7004.jpg

I added gussets to the front. This is similar to the way the factory swinger is braced.
Blasterbuild7005.jpg

This is the area I was concerned about the most. I was told by R2F that because the shock mount is off center, the swinger will want to flex and this joint has to be very strong or the swinger will split in half. An X brace ( as he suggested ) would have been ideal but I didn't want to add that much weight. I added a plate under the shock mount and welded it to both of the rails, then to the shock mount itself. I think this will hold up
Blasterbuild7006.jpg

I just found out it's going to be like 60 degrees tomorrow so I want to finish this project today. I got her to spark last night and have 175 pounds of compression. All that's left is to put a pipe on, mount the carb and install the rest of the plastic. I changed my front tires but can't get the rear ones off. I think the fix a flat did it's job. I ordered new rear tires but won't have them till Monday so I'll use the old ones for now. I plan on taking and posting a bunch of pics later today.

Reactions: blasterfreek30
that looks great ken, real strong and real clean......u might be able to put the swingarm shop outta buisness with tight swingers like that bro.....have some green

I finished today. I ran 3 heat cycles and proceeded to beat the living crap out of this thing. I started running out of gas but I had a can of C12 hanging around. It was running well but it was cutting of at WOT. I changed the plug to a B7ES and it took off like a rocket. I'm happy with the power as far as I can Tell. I only have a small place to ride at the shop, but it's pulling hard. I'm very impressed with the shift star mod from Blasterfreak. It's sooo much better. I took a crap load of pics because this is the only time it's going to be so clean. Let me know what you think. Thanks to all of you for the help. Enjoy

Blasterbuildtheend019.jpg

Blasterbuildtheend021.jpg

Blasterbuildtheend022.jpg

Blasterbuildtheend023.jpg

looks awesome ken, i love the diamond plate accents on the fenders

and im glad the shift star mod worked for ya, it is really nice and smooth when shifting now huh....it makes neutral a little tricky but well worth it

Body
Full under quad skid plates
Nerf bars
banshee front shocks
400 EX rear shock
OConnor Racing +4 swing arm
OConnor Racing rear carrier
Banshee front hydros
OConnor Racing spindle adapters
Banshee Rear axle
Banshee rear hydro
OConnor Racing carbon fibre hood