OConnor Racing build

The fenders are crap but I'm going to run them. I like the way the sun shines into the aluminum and blinds me before I hit jumps, Someday I'll take a crowbar out of my wallet and get new ones. If I took the plate off, I would have 100 holes in the fenders.

I ran double lines to the front hydros with a double banjo bolt. Thanks for the advice bleeding them!
Blasterbuild5001.jpg

Me thinking.
Blasterbuild5002.jpg

This is the right side of the new swinger from the front upper A arm to the end of the axle.
Blasterbuild5004.jpg

This is the left side. not bad for the first one.
Blasterbuild5005.jpg

Right side, frame to axle
Blasterbuild5006.jpg

Left side, same thing..........Run it!
This is the swinger mounted. I still have to finish welding it in the front, add gussets at the front cross member and support the shock mount at the bottom of the swinger.
Blasterbuild5008.jpg

These are the new rims.........Went with ITP's
Blasterbuild5009.jpg

I finished the cylinder porting tonight. I got all of the ports where I want them.......all that's left is to blast them and the outside of the cylinder. I built two cylinders for this project. One with a plate and one without. I'm starting with the one with no plate. I built it for mid / high. I'm also changing pipes. Giving the FMF to the wife and stealing her Toomy B1. I told her she would never even notice and she believed me. God I love blondes!!!!!!! This quad will run by Sunday!

I ran double lines to the front hydros with a double banjo bolt. Thanks for the advice bleeding them!
Blasterbuild5001.jpg

Me thinking.
Blasterbuild5002.jpg

This is the right side of the new swinger from the front upper A arm to the end of the axle.
Blasterbuild5004.jpg

This is the left side. not bad for the first one.
Blasterbuild5005.jpg

Right side, frame to axle
Blasterbuild5006.jpg

Left side, same thing..........Run it!
This is the swinger mounted. I still have to finish welding it in the front, add gussets at the front cross member and support the shock mount at the bottom of the swinger.
Blasterbuild5008.jpg

These are the new rims.........Went with ITP's
Blasterbuild5009.jpg

I finished the cylinder porting tonight. I got all of the ports where I want them.......all that's left is to blast them and the outside of the cylinder. I built two cylinders for this project. One with a plate and one without. I'm starting with the one with no plate. I built it for mid / high. I'm also changing pipes. Giving the FMF to the wife and stealing her Toomy B1. I told her she would never even notice and she believed me. God I love blondes!!!!!!! This quad will run by Sunday!

i got the same lines as those man......real nice job ken

This is the Vertex piston I took out of my old engine. This piston has a ton of hours of hard riding on it. I rebuilt the engine at the beginning of last year and this is what it looks like when I took it out. I measured the skirts and the bore. I ran .0025 clearance and the only wear was on the intake bridge. I opened the cylinder up to .004 clearance for this project. Motule oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $17 a quart but worth every cent. I was happy with the burn pattern.

Blasterbuild6008.jpg

Blasterbuild6009.jpg

This is the cylinder I'm going to run. No spacer plate.
Blasterbuild6001.jpg

Blasterbuild6002.jpg

Blasterbuild6003.jpg

Blasterbuild6005.jpg

Blasterbuild6006.jpg

I'm in the home stretch on this project. All that's left is to put the head on, change tires, finish bracing the swinger and paint it, then check every bolt on the bike (safety first). I'm on schedule to finish Sunday. The cylinder isnt as clean as Awk's but he's a customer. Little more effort for him. More to come.