OConnor Racing build

OConnor Racing

Mines Bigger
Technician
Dec 1, 2009
CT
www.kenoconnorracing.com
I thought I had a pretty nice Blaster till I found this site. With this in mind...................the build begins!!!!

Started out by sanding the frame. I have the best wife ever!!!

bestwifeever.jpg

Primed with Rustolium red enamel primer.

frameprime.jpg

I chose Rustolium metal flake enamel for the color.

framecolor.jpg

Painted frame. I'll put 5 coats of clear on it next.

paintedframe.jpg

The lower end is done. new bearings, seals, rod, match ported cases, blasterfreak shift star mod, polished shift shafts, cases lapped and polished.

lowerendofengine.jpg

This is the last piece I finished this weekend. Carbon fibre skinned hood. This was a ton of work. The air vents were cut out by hand. Thank God for Foredom!

finishedhood-1.jpg

Still have a bunch of work left to do. I'll post next week.

Reactions: Knowpig
The top end is all me. Ported for mid/high, custom rechambered head, 160 PSI compression, 34 mm flat slide carb, ( would really like an air striker ) and the FMF set up. I run the FMF because I'm cheap! Much better pipes out there. best thing about the FMF pipe.............mothers polish on the silencer!

I'm running stock plastic with a twist...............the carbon is way too much work. The last of the carbon will be a cover ( plate ) for the oil pump. This piece is sold carbon. Not skinned like the other pieces.

looking good ken, keep the build pics comin, these guys luv this stuff
and any wife that will help sand a frame is definately a keeper!!!

Nice work! That hood is beautiful. Ya know that havin a mill in your garage is cheatin. LOL Expectin more cool tricks & pix. I:I

looks nice man.....still have not got your swing arm.....should be here this week and ill prolly get it done this weekend......did you want it painted or do you want to paint it.....pm me and let me know....later

awesome build man, i was gonna say you had BETTER be putting a RH bend on that bad boy then i saw your fmf comments (very true indeed). and the hood.... that hood is to die for dude, cant say enough how awesome it looks. I:I I:I I:I I:I I:I I:I I:I I:I

This is gonna be a sweet build... What did you use to polish the bottom end? I know some polish but i mean like to get in the hard to reach places. Keep the pics coming.. Looks good...