Nitrous Oxide

GOT NOS ???????

Last edited by a moderator:
1bad442 , you have changed the topic completely .
If there is no oxygen in nitrous oxide , then what about nitrous oxide is used to create extra power in a internal combustion engine? What is the difference between a dry and wet system? Explain to us how an inert gas such as nitrogen can add hundreds of HP?
Why not just spray nitrogenand get rid Of that pesky oxygen altogether , seeing how it doesn't do a thing for you .

blastard it is not the same mol;ecular compound as the oxygen in the air we breathe its a derivative of it. nos is a oxidizer it allows more air and fuel to be burned it by itself is not flammable

a wet kit injects nitrous and fuel together
a dry kit injects nitrous only the fuel part comes for the pressure being bumped up to the injectors on a fuel injected type motor to add the extra gasoline needed

omfg i just pissed my pants. and had a vision of awk going weeeeeeee while he zips down busco beach bwahahahahahaha

finally found a purpose for that pesky little pig and all them
we wee weeeeeee's !!!!!!!!

but you know we're in big trouble when ken gets wind of his next build !!!!!

finally found a purpose for that pesky little pig and all them
we wee weeeeeee's !!!!!!!!

but you know we're in big trouble when ken gets wind of his next build !!!!!

that was the best responce i have seen in a long time im seriously still laughing!!!

and im sure ken will be calling me tommorow saying wtf u trying to kill awk lol

should've seen the smokescreen from my friend's car last year when he put in the big boy tune up from SJ. NA pistons with a .120 nitrous jet=boom lol

Been there done that! I had a backfire one year at columbus that blew my hood apart and sent a fireball 3 foot over the roof of the car. I:I

Steve Johnson is a good guy, talked to him many times in the old NSCA days, was willing to help even when I wasnt running his stuff.

Been there done that! I had a backfire one year at columbus that blew my hood apart and sent a fireball 3 foot over the roof of the car. I:I

Steve Johnson is a good guy, talked to him many times in the old NSCA days, was willing to help even when I wasnt running his stuff.

i grew up with steve he used to live near me when he lived in ill had many a crazy nites out street racing a few of his camaros he had back in the day

Oxygen is oxygen , if it was O3 it would still be oxygen and yes molecular oxygen is in the air we breathe . No one here stated N20 was flammable by itself , you are the person who stated it does not contain oxygen . Any kind of oxygen . O , O2 ( molecular oxygen ) or O3 ( Ozone ) is still oxygen , it's also in every breath we take and it's the ONLY reason gasoline will burn . No Oxidizer No Flame .

too bad none of that goes on here, ya know, with all the money at stake drag racing blasters !!!!!!!

Oxygen is oxygen , if it was O3 it would still be oxygen and yes molecular oxygen is in the air we breathe . No one here stated N20 was flammable by itself , you are the person who stated it does not contain oxygen . Any kind of oxygen . O , O2 ( molecular oxygen ) or O3 ( Ozone ) is still oxygen , it's also in every breath we take and it's the ONLY reason gasoline will burn . No Oxidizer No Flame .

well at least u got the end of your screen name correct :D

i grew up with steve he used to live near me when he lived in ill had many a crazy nites out street racing a few of his camaros he had back in the day

I bet those are some great stories! I am from the detroit area, been around a street race or two in my younger days8-|

I can see it know, a Ken Oconnor/Steve Johnson BlasterI:I

In the presence of a heated catalyst, N2O will decompose exothermically into nitrogen and oxygen, at a temperature of approximately 1300 °C. Because of the large heat release, the catalytic action rapidly becomes secondary as thermal autodecomposition becomes dominant

do u notice the part where it says decompose into oxygen when heated?? its not there at room temp now run along like a lil school girl

At 600 psi for example, the required ignition energy is only 6 J, whereas N2O at 130 psi would not react even with a 2500 J ignition energy input

I bet those are some great stories! I am from the detroit area, been around a street race or two in my younger days8-|

I can see it know, a Ken Oconnor/Steve Johnson BlasterI:I

oh yeah have some great memories from those days did a bit of running around with the chuck samuel and spiro pappas group also

Lol yes it's there at room temperature you moron , it's part of the molecular structure!!!!!
Its there at every temperature until it's burned .
Don't be a doushebag , just admit when you are wrong .

Lol yes it's there at room temperature you moron , it's part of the molecular structure!!!!!
Its there at every temperature until it's burned .
Don't be a doushebag , just admit when you are wrong .

itys not there until its heated and breaks down u blasTARD learn how to read!!

WOW 5 pages of bullshit! Romper room style!

I'd like to aplogize to the original poster of this thread wotis11! It's not always like this! Oh wait yes it is!

In reality no one is putting nitrous on there blaster! If you do your an idoit!

Last edited:
That kit sure is tempting...... Im with wotis11. I just want to say I have it. And for 45 bucks it sure is cheap. Maybe only use once or twice a year. That surely could do tooo much damage I wouldn't think. But I dont know crap bout nitrous. Never done anything with it.