Nitrous Oxide

Would a propane setup like a diesel runs work? It would add a specific amount of "fuel" to the lean condition that the N2O creates, and both can all be ran off of 1 switch.

The fuel also must carry oil to lubricate the top end . Propane is a vapor the oil would have to be injected separately

Do you think an methanol injection system would work better? Would probably be easier to tune and help keep thing cool like a water injection system does.

Well, you would run the carburetor a little rich on premix (20:1) and then inject the fuel and oxidizer separately. It COULD work but it would be difficult to meter.

Do you think an methanol injection system would work better? Would probably be easier to tune and help keep thing cool like a water injection system does.

The trouble with any liquid fuel supply is injection pressure.....

You would need a fuel pump to deliver it unless you devised a system like I was talking about before, an emulsion system that uses the nitrous injection pressure to inject the fuel with it.

That's why he's yellow.

Chemical formula. N2O. Two Nitrogen, plus one OXYGEN. Simple enough. Means it's in the bottle.

not the same as molecular oxygen!! plus it also has 100 ppm of sulfur dioxide cause its not medical grade nitrous
008.jpg

009.jpg

If you had a extra tank ( let's say it's a 1 gallon fuel cell ) and then you pressurize it with an inert gas . Then you could simply run a fogger system . A special meter block made to fit like a carb spacer with the fuel/n2o nozzle plumbed into it . That system could be run off a 12v motorcycle battery and you could just charge the battery as needed . The battery would run the 2 solenoids needed to allow fuel and n2o to be injected . You could also make a WOT switch that will open the solenoids automatically .

If you had a extra tank ( let's say it's a 1 gallon fuel cell ) and then you pressurize it with an inert gas . Then you could simply run a fogger system . A special meter block made to fit like a carb spacer with the fuel/n2o nozzle plumbed into it . That system could be run off a 12v motorcycle battery and you could just charge the battery as needed . The battery would run the 2 solenoids needed to allow fuel and n2o to be injected . You could also make a WOT switch that will open the solenoids automatically .

no need for a seperate tank just run a pingle fuel valve that has 2 outlets one line to the carb the other to the fuel solenoid

no need for a seperate tank just run a pingle fuel valve that has 2 outlets one line to the carb the other to the fuel solenoid

There would be no pressure behind that fuel and the pressure behind the nitrous in the mixing nozzles would simply blow the fuel back up into the valve....

There would be no pressure behind that fuel and the pressure behind the nitrous in the mixing nozzles would simply blow the fuel back up into the valve....

dude u seriously have no clue what the f*ck u are talking about!!!!! 4 lbs of fuel pressure is all u need an the electric pump in the pic i posted proveides that easily hell when i spray 1000 plus horsepower on all 3 of the kits they each only have 8 lbs flowing fuel pressure keep talking cause your sounding more and more stupid like u did in your welding thread !

I skipped all the chemical arguing, I will leave that to the chemists. But I do have over 10 years experience with nitrous on my race car and others I have built and tuned for friends and customers. I will say this, that kit AWK had a link to is GARBAGE! Spraying nitrous without adding the correct amount of fuel WILL BLOW YOUR sh*t UP!

1bad442, thats some serious hardware! For those that are not familiar with race engines, those are very intricate systems and your margin of error is thin. People who work on those HAVE to know what they are doing, I would listen to him people.

Molecular Oxygen
A molecule that is composed of two oxygen atoms, O2, that has no color, odor, or taste. It is present in both the atmosphere and the oceans, and solar radiation with wavelengths less then 242 nm can break it back into oxygen atoms, O2 ---> O + O. One of these oxygen radicals in turn can combine with O2 to form ozone, O2 + O ---> O3.

See , it's STILL oxygen ....
I smell something

The fuel pump would be inline between the second outlet on the pingle before the fuel solenoid. I dont want to speak for 1bad442, but I think he was relating that a second fuel source wasnt needed.

I skipped all the chemical arguing, I will leave that to the chemists. But I do have over 10 years experience with nitrous on my race car and others I have built and tuned for friends and customers. I will say this, that kit AWK had a link to is GARBAGE! Spraying nitrous without adding the correct amount of fuel WILL BLOW YOUR sh*t UP!

1bad442, thats some serious hardware! For those that are not familiar with race engines, those are very intricate systems and your margin of error is thin. People who work on those HAVE to know what they are doing, I would listen to him people.

thanks puma at least somneone knows what there talking about in here. lol hell the second motor from reher morrison cost 80 grand i def wouldnt be spraying 3 kits on it if i thought i was gonna blow it up from not knowing what the hell im doing lol

The fuel pump would be inline between the second outlet on the pingle before the fuel solenoid. I dont want to speak for 1bad442, but I think he was relating that a second fuel source wasnt needed.

exactly what i was saying heres a pic for u si showing what i meant

010-1-1.jpg

dude u seriously have no clue what the f**ck u are talking about!!!!! 4 lbs of fuel pressure is all u need an the electric pump in the pic i posted proveides that easily hell when i spray 1000 plus horsepower on all 3 of the kits they each only have 8 lbs flowing fuel pressure keep talking cause your sounding more and more stupid like u did in your welding thread !

A small low pressure pump can supply the 4 lbs necessary to keep the system working properly at a price of electricity (about 4 amps I figure) which will run on a small motorcycle battery for about 30 minutes before the battery drops below the 12v threshold and pump speed slows and fuel delivery becomes erratic. Anyone here only ride for 30 minutes at a time before stopping beside a battery charger BESIDES a dragger?

Also, you JUST suggested that you could simply hook a pingel valve into the fuel solenoid implying that that would somehow defy physics and provide 4lbs of pressure? More like about 4 inches of pressure BTW, the conversion from inches of pressure to lbs is: 1 inch of water is .036 lbs of pressure. Your fuel tank would need to be approximately 110 inches above the fuel solenoid in order to provide 4psi without a pump. Quite practical.

thanks puma at least somneone knows what there talking about in here. lol hell the second motor from reher morrison cost 80 grand i def wouldnt be spraying 3 kits on it if i thought i was gonna blow it up from not knowing what the hell im doing lol

No problem! Just trying to help everyone. I have burned up my fair share of pistons learning stuff the hard way, lol!! Dont want to see anyone tearing their stuff up with one of those BS ebay whippet kits.

No problem! Just trying to help everyone. I have burned up my fair share of pistons learning stuff the hard way, lol!! Dont want to see anyone tearing their stuff up with one of those BS ebay whippet kits.

the only way to learn is to burn up a few times. glad i started with a cheap engine cause i used to buy pistons buy the boxload lol hell even now i get one once in awhile if the weather changes in a hurry throwing the tune up off