new rebuild

rusty

Sep 11, 2012
Just rebuilt my blaster new piston and rings ran good at first now it wont idle and it is back firing any suggestions any help would be appreciated

Did you do a leak down test after the top end rebuild ?

Check the flywheel key, make sure its not broken ?

We have two blasters, recently rebuild top end on them. but had to take all apart. and I have seen this issue.

1 time, the fly wheel key was broke.

Other time, I had bad inner case, crack. broken.

Its hatd to give the best advise possbile with limited information in your post. but Id surely do a leak down test, if you did not do one.

What led to the rebuild ?

Sporty

Motor got over reved broke the piston skirt had i honed what is the deal with it not idleing?

Ahh. you might have some inner case damage. when that piston skirt broke. and the air leak is more severe now.

I highly recommend a leak down test.

Have you double checked all your bolts, make sure they are tight ? carb boot on good at both ends ?

Sporty

The dropped piston skirt has possibly punched a hole or cracked the crankcase, creating an air leak.

If you just fitted the piston without splitting the cases and fully removing the debris, chances are a bit was left and has done more damage.

It sheered the key on the flywheel fixed.runs like a champ thanks for all the help