new paint job!

ks_2k_blast

Feb 19, 2010
well durring my long absence i painted my blaster. i think its the older style plastics. with the 2 inch wide ridge down the length of each fender? any way, i painted th ridge and underside of the fenders neon orange, the grill part of the hood orange, and the top of the plastics (except the ridge) black. it already had an orange seat, swing arm and shock covers, as well as white wheels. i wasnt sure what color to paint the wheels but after looking at it, the white works well. i dont have any way to get the pics on the computer yet but ill work on doin that soon. next ill work on installing my eight 5 inch orange led strips on it. i think ill mount one over each wheel, one under the grill, one on each side of the engine, and one left over in case it leaves anything dark. but i doubt ill have a problem with that. lol. i also have 12 single led strobe lights i might throw on it. you know, to make sure i dont get run over on the trails at night... or to confuse any farmers about thier missing cattle, thinking they got abducted. lol, jk. but what do you all think so far? i also have the wally lights mod, which will soon be upgraded to the 1000 lumen leds with a strobe setting. the headlights will run off the stator, while all the extras will run off a battery that will be charged before i go out to ride. (or pretending to be a ufo. :p) thoughts, suggestions, complaints, ridicule, overkill?

I dont think its over kill. I've always thought about puting some LED's under my blaster, probably on the bottom of the frame. Maybe a strobe too for fun. Never really thought hard about it though and it really isn't a priority at all. Maybe when the rebuild is finished. If you do get the LED's in and working I want to see pics! I'd love to see how it looks!

ill be sure to add some pics when its done. i used to be into rice burner cars, so i got addicted to neon glows and strobe lights. lol. just a matter of getting time to work on it between my 2 kids and girlfriend, work, and my other hobbies like shooting, fishing, and airsoft. oh, and i have to get a clutch in my truck before my car blows up and leaves me walkin to work. lol... maybe i need to lose some hobbies... or give up sleep. that takes 7 valuble hours a day! :p

wish i could add pics. got my orange led's mounted and wired, and my battery bracket made and installed. looks great at night! ill add the pics when i get a cord for my camera or phone.