NEEDING HELP BAD TODAY PLEASE!!!

Unfortunately people describe bogging as too rich and too lean.

Warm up the engine and then go for a ride, whilst riding pull out the choke a little, if it goes better you are too lean on the mix, if it gets worse you are too rich!
Okay. Will do. I'm looking for the screw on the bowl

Try 18,

The needle is 4.
image.jpg

The jet needle is 4, the float needle is 10. Floats must be adjusted over time and sometimes they can get fuel in them and not float any more. If you are a 2 stroke expert than maybe you won't have to plug chop, but to get running perfect and safe it needs to be done

heights are too high. how do I lower them guys? I'm thinking about taking it to a local ATV shop if i cant figure it out im just kinda low on money.

Yep floats set wrong can cause it to run too rich and have similar symptoms.

How high was it? You can do it yourself but any local shop could do it cheap too.

I may just buy a new carburetor. Do i go ahead and get it full assembly with tors or no? And do i keep old tors on new carburetor or remove it? It hasnt hurt anything so far and it works fine. I just cant get the quad to pull! Good compression starts first kick just no power at an throttle. Barely pulls me up my drive way!!

Just been back through the postings and spotted oil in the transmission breather line.

What was the result of the leak test?

Did you immerse the breather in fluid and check for bubbles?

Does it smoke heavily?

How much oil is in the gearbox?

image.jpg

That clear hose in the pic that looks like its got about an inch of oil in it, I spot a green base gasket too. There shouldn't be much reason to buy a new carb, there's not much that cant be fixed with a rebuild kit

That clear hose in the pic that looks like its got about an inch of oil in it, I spot a green base gasket too. There shouldn't be much reason to buy a new carb, there's not much that cant be fixed with a rebuild kit
i already went through a rebuild kit bud. didn't change anything. And could the hose being in oil affect problem?

Question:

Has the bike been flipped over, which could cause a few simple problems.

Dirt stirred up in the fuel tank blocking flow!

Float shaken out of adjustment!

Has the gearbox been overfilled, which could have damaged an oil seal by causing over pressurisation?

Does the smoke smell like crap?

bike was flipped like 10 years ago still ran fine afterwards . float not shaken but how exactly i re align if so? and gearbox over filled? and no smoke smells sweet like klotz does lol

Theres no "seem" to it, you gotta make sure they are right on. I set mine a 2 or 3 times cause I was thinking it will be close enough. Ended up using my digital calipers and taking the gasket out to get it right

Theres no "seem" to it, you gotta make sure they are right on. I set mine a 2 or 3 times cause I was thinking it will be close enough. Ended up using my digital calipers and taking the gasket out to get it right

yep, gasket has to be removed before measuring the float height