need help with 400ex shock.

Yeah the solid aluminum lower mount. Reason for my question is i currently have issues with vertical play in my upper and lower rear stock shock. I also take a beating from that stock pos shock so i figured better than spending money to get new bushings in the oem one i take care of two birds.. so i grabbed a nice condition 2003 400ex shock and im gonna get kens adapter bushing kit. It just seems to me that the elimination of a lower rubber bushing and addition of aluminum sitting right on top of the steel pin might cause some issues. I dont know maybe im just overeacting to something i havent even experienced yet :-/?

No over reaction. Reality the aluminum is going to wear faster than the steel pin! how much faster??? I have two years on my sons and don't seem to have any issues! Could always drill hole larger and press in a nylon or brass bushing then slide the pin through that! I think blaner did that to his.

No over reaction. Reality the aluminum is going to wear faster than the steel pin! how much faster??? I have two years on my sons and don't seem to have any issues! Could always drill hole larger and press in a nylon or brass bushing then slide the pin through that! I think blaner did that to his.

Yeah thats true and reassuring. also good that the 400ex shocks are cheap enough to replace if need be in the future. Thanks for the info slick. I:I

I also never had a problem with the lower solid mount . If you ever did you could drill it out to 12mm . Just make sure there is no side to side play .