Need help on clutch!!

codwilbo

Aug 8, 2012
Hey guys this is my first blaster and all. But anyways my clutch started slipping and so i took the cover off and the clutch basket is really worn like deep gruves. So i guess i am going to put the new clutch in could anyone send me or walk me thru how to do it! thanks

Thanks
What kinda of oil do i soak plates in and how much do i put in and kinda after i am all done?

10w 30 motor oil, no friction modifiers, Auto trans fluid type F, or a branded gear oil for motorcycles with wet clutches.

Add 650ml to the box, no more, no less.

Does anyone know whats wrong.. i put new clutch and all in and it ran good then it started to mess up the actutaor moves up and down and then clutch lever is really lose and dont let me shift

You can file the grooves in the basket down. It will make out wear quicker the next time, but it adds a but more life to the clutch and will help with it to not grab as much when you disengage the clutch, just don't take off too much and keep the same angle. I did it to my 250 and it helped a bit.

Last edited:
I already did that my actuator moves up and down what is that. So why do i am no clutxh when pull lever abd stays in gear now

Sounds like your adjustment on the clutch rod is wrong. It was probably adjusted for the worn clutch n it doesn't move enough for the new clutch. Did u just take the cover off or did you also open the case?

Try adjusting the small nut in the center of the basket n pull the lever while the cover is off, u should see a few of the plates separate closest to the engine, whenthat happens u should be good to put it back together n ride. My brother in law made the same mistake with mine before I bought it from him

You are suppose to be able to pull it out but if it moves up and down easily the ur clutch rod isn't touching it and ur seal at the actuator is no good. Post a pic of the clutch rod

Okay i will in a bit so do i need to do take it out and see if its broke and take cover off the clutch and rod and re adjust maybe

I just rebuilt my clutch on a 2000 Blaster and I do not have a torque wrench that goes as low as 4lbs to tighten the spring bolts.

Anyway to guestimate how tight to make them???

Thanks,

flip

be very careful they will snap very easily. I use my 1/4" ratched so i don't have much leverage. i go snug then a quarter to half turn