My 1st Blaster

New wire harness.

DSCN3762_zpsz05m7g5y.jpg

Spent some time in shed today putting parts on the bike to test fit and check what bolts, nuts, washer, spacers I need.

Swing arm plate needed a little work to make fit perfect. Hole not lining up because of welds on swing arm.
DSCN3767_zps97mqhaut.jpg

DSCN3774_zps6jtoy5he.jpg

So got file out.
DSCN3776_zpsl2icwuy6.jpg

DSCN3778_zpsvcbv9gtw.jpg

Fits perfect now.
DSCN3780_zpsau8pnipe.jpg

Mounted up other parts.
DSCN3779_zpsnd4wi1gn.jpg

Need to clean the pipe up more.
DSCN3788_zpsh6o6miii.jpg

DSCN3786_zpsyf7wmahx.jpg

DSCN3785_zpszktxwlu1.jpg

DSCN3791_zpshklxrchm.jpg

Need to drill out the bottom shock mount holes.
DSCN3783_zpsgxqu48wk.jpg

DSCN3792_zps4wl1ogc8.jpg

Brought a master cylinder cover / guard. Just waiting for it to get to me.
DSCN3795_zpsvlezems7.jpg

DSCN3796_zpsz0vrcgc3.jpg

Do some more on it tomorrow. Steering stem and clamp should be here by the 19th April. :)

This seems to be the problem with the aluminum skid plates. You may of been better off to grind a little off the weld on the arm.
065.JPG

Didn't do a lot on the blaster today but made a start on the rear end.

After the 1st ride when I was washer the bike I found out that some one had broken or cut the end of the axle done and replaced the washer and nut. They also drilled a hole in the nut and axle for the pin.

Stock hubs. Thinking about changing them to a better stud pattern for more wheel options.
DSCN3803_zpsm983z66z.jpg

Stock nut and washer on left, Wrong nut and washer on right some one installed.
DSCN3804_zpssgncftf3.jpg

End that is broken or cut end. Going to be replacing the axle.
DSCN3799_zpsppdl2dso.jpg

Stock axle end.
DSCN3800_zpsmjshrihc.jpg

Found out its running a 40 tooth sprocket on the rear. Front is a 13 tooth.
DSCN3801_zpsqesudeig.jpg

Test fitted the stator cover. :) BLING BLING.
DSCN3805_zpszfkak9ns.jpg

Last edited:
Was thinking orange frame and CF fenders but not sure now after surfing net and seeing lots of orange frames. All I know at this stage is the frame will be BRIGHT. :cool:

I didn't want to open the bag of bling bolts yet. :) Don't worry I have removed it and not going to be using them ugly old bolts. Did it scare you. hehe.

Looks like the end that axle is broken where the hols for the cotter pin is? :eek: Never seen that on a blaster before, NOT safe replace it!

Mark. I love following your posts. Great write ups, great work, amaizing fab skillz. I do want to tjank you for some help with getting frame gussets available in the states. I think you should start making some stuff available in quantity! Love the clear pump cover idea, your outlined cover, and the idea to shoryen the pump tube! The gussets look great installed. Your like a never ending robot pumping out impressive stuff!

Mark. I love following your posts. Great write ups, great work, amaizing fab skillz. I do want to tjank you for some help with getting frame gussets available in the states. I think you should start making some stuff available in quantity! Love the clear pump cover idea, your outlined cover, and the idea to shoryen the pump tube! The gussets look great installed. Your like a never ending robot pumping out impressive stuff!

No problem dude happy to help out. Yeah the clear cover is a cool idea and would be mint out of some 10mm thick acrylic with a polished edge. Shortening the pump tube was 79 broncos idea and has a thread about it, Is a nice simple thing to do to tidy it up.

Thanks will keep it coming. :)

Striped the axle tonight.

Been in contact with ASR about A arms and I'm getting: American Star PRO X Long Travel Racing A-Arms

T
hey are upgrading the tie rods for me to the: American Star Yamaha Blaster 200 MX PRO Chromoly Racing Tie Rods & Ends! They are the 12mm rod ends.

Need to get brake line clamps also.

Been in contact with ASR about A arms and I'm getting: American Star PRO X Long Travel Racing A-Arms

T
hey are upgrading the tie rods for me to the: American Star Yamaha Blaster 200 MX PRO Chromoly Racing Tie Rods & Ends! They are the 12mm rod ends.

Need to get brake line clamps also.

Just ordered brake line clamps from Alba, I personally thought they looked the best

Remember with new arms you need me brake lines that match the length! I also ordered the speed lines that ASR sells

Reactions: Markblaster