moved rear plastic back 4"

the hole in teh back will be the same size as however far you move the plastics back. diamond plate would be cool but i woud put something there so the seat does not rub on the metal while riding. freek, batt and myself have had this done for quite a while its funny to all of a sudden see such a big interest in it I:I

Yeah, i have always been "thinkin' of doin it, figure I would throw it on my spring cleaning list, as it is now being re-discussed...
Loved the look of your guys fenders at the MTN last year...

What did you fab there Scoobs?
Freek? Batt?

What do they rock?

b4 i saw this thread i was staring at my bike yesterday after installing a replacement FMF and was thinkin gof ways to pull my fenders out. what a coincidence. i def wanna do this but the airbox tube made me think too much but im def gonna do this. i hate how my bike look to short when i ride it i want the beefy ass look wide and long

Yeah, i have always been "thinkin' of doin it, figure I would throw it on my spring cleaning list, as it is now being re-discussed...

What did you fab there Scoobs?
Freek? Batt?

What do they rock?

i think batt has diamond plate, freek has a piece of polished aluminum and all i used was a piece of plastic and painted it black. the hardest part is getting the gap under teh seat to not look huge and sh*tty

i think batt has diamond plate, freek has a piece of polished aluminum and all i used was a piece of plastic and painted it black. the hardest part is getting the gap under teh seat to not look huge and sh*tty

When ya getta sec snap a few pics of close ups behind your seat, I wanna Peek, did not take much notice there when we ripped together...

Super noober's thread is the one I got the idea from,so I gave him credit..If he got the idea from freek and batt and gave them credit,then by default I have given credit where it was due.. lol

I tried to make it clear in my opening post that this was not something I came up with..

I think its a very cool mod..

Reactions: super noober
Super noober's thread is the one I got the idea from,so I gave him credit..If he got the idea from freek and batt and gave them credit,then by default I have given credit where it was due.. lol

I tried to make it clear in my opening post that this was not something I came up with..

I think its a very cool mod..

lol oh yeah man i wasnt trying to say u were taking credit, i just didnt want to sound like it was my idea :D.

lol well that depends on how good u want it to look.. the only part that took genuine effort was running the new intake, i made a whole new setup for my rad valve and 34mm carb when i moved mine back.
my stock airbox is already cut out i am running a cfm box

I was out tonight working on it for a bit. I'm being more conservative and only moving it back about 1-1.5" back. It is interesting to see all the little spots that need trimmed or you have to work something around to make them work. I just cut a slot in the rear tool box area for my subframe seat support to slide through. So the seat support will sit about 1/4 a way into the tool box, but the tool box is still easily accessible. I won't have to make a trunk either, although I might have a little overhang from the rear seat lip on the plastic, but I've got an innovative idea on how to put that lip to use. ;)

I finally got the gap between the seat and plastics to go away, man I tell you I removed A LOT of material. The latch hung way down too, just put a small hole in the cross brace and used one of the old latch studs and a wing nut as the new latch, it worked great. Also I ran 2 sided tape along the top of the subframe to help out with vibration, its solid as a rock and looks pretty good!

I finally got the gap between the seat and plastics to go away, man I tell you I removed A LOT of material. The latch hung way down too, just put a small hole in the cross brace and used one of the old latch studs and a wing nut as the new latch, it worked great. Also I ran 2 sided tape along the top of the subframe to help out with vibration, its solid as a rock and looks pretty good!

A hole in the cross brace? I hope you mean the plastic. :eek:

I'm doing that tomorrow......or as soon as I decide how far I want to move it for sure.