moved rear plastic back 4"

CPARSO

Jan 4, 2009
Al.
Thanks to super noober's thread,I decide to move my rear fenders back 4" to give the Blaster a "bigger" look... I think with the +4 swingarm and the plastics moved back it helped a lot...

032811183736.jpg

032811183753.jpg

I might have to do this. One thing that irritates the hell out of me is how I can't lean off the edges of the seat on turns because the plastic is in the way. This would definitely help.......oh and help keep mud off my back from the swingarm extension. :D

Ill get some more pics for you guys tomorrow.. Was very easy to do once I just started cutting.. lol

Here are a few more pics..
As you can see I had to totally cut the trunk area out, thats pretty much it. Slide it back,screw it down.. Had to make a plastic plate to go over the trunk hole..Still need to clean up the cuts a bit..
032911104555.jpg

032911104604.jpg

032911104612.jpg

032911104626.jpg

032911104654.jpg

I used a piece of 1.5" exhaust pipe 4.75" long and cut an old radiator hose I had into a coupler.

I also love the fact that my FMF silencer doesnt stick out past the fenders like 6 inches anymore..

I thought I would try this also, a little more to it then I thought, check it out over in the DIY section, I had ALOT of fiting and cutting to do to get the seat just right and not to be too tall, and to lower the back so it didnt stick way up. Feel free to ask any questions if you like.

Was simple enough for me and my seat fits fine,no high spots and latches good.. Im happy with it for no money spent and a little time.

aahaha nice man looks great, u sure jumped on that in a hurry lol I:I for the record freek and batt were the first ones to do this and when they came up to ride i checked it out and copied them :D, just giving credit where credit is due I:I I:I.

This is definitely on my "things to do" list as well.
Can you guys, who have completed this mod, post some pics of how you "finished" the open section over the trunk behind the seat, that will now be exposed after the move????

Trying to get an idea of what has been done, new ideas, etc.
I am thinkin' maybe some black diamond plate????

Just wanna get a look-sy at exactly how much space is left, blah blah.

hmmmmmm..... :-/

This is definitely on my "things to do" list as well.
Can you guys, who have completed this mod, post some pics of how you "finished" the open section over the trunk behind the seat, that will now be exposed after the move????

Trying to get an idea of what has been done, new ideas, etc.
I am thinkin' maybe some black diamond plate????

Just wanna get a look-sy at exactly how much space is left, blah blah.

hmmmmmm..... :-/

the hole in teh back will be the same size as however far you move the plastics back. diamond plate would be cool but i woud put something there so the seat does not rub on the metal while riding. freek, batt and myself have had this done for quite a while its funny to all of a sudden see such a big interest in it I:I