mixin fuel...

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
Hoping to make it to dyracuse mx park saturday... the gas station by my work have 110 octane leaded race fuel at the pump.. for 6.49 a gallon.. would it be worth it to mix in a gallon? I mix 4 gallons at a time.. only have 91 at the pumps here.. so i figure of i mix 3 gallons of 91 with a gallon on 110.. it should help keel my motor cooler.. since leaded fuels lubricate also ;) ...... input???

Not nessisarly worried about octane more or less lookin at the added cooling from the leaded fuel... i run hard at dyracuse.. well i do ether way... i dont now anything but WIDE OPEN THROTTLE!!! The trails there are a loose sand dirt mix..

A 50/50 mix will work good. The lead in the gas acts like a lubricant farther protecting your engine from wear. High amounts of lead like you would get running it strait, tend to make plugs foul easier. The 50/50 will increase the octane to a safe level for your need and give you the benafit of extra lubacation without the added risk of plug fouling.

Thats what i was hoping for ;) my machine is still a bit rich but im ok with that.. i just would really hate to cook a motor almost 2.hours from home... i ran my blaster there on a 75 degree day and.it was.fine im sure my water.cooled.lt will ne fine

Not nessisarly worried about octane more or less lookin at the added cooling from the leaded fuel... i run hard at dyracuse.. well i do ether way... i dont now anything but WIDE OPEN THROTTLE!!! The trails there are a loose sand dirt mix..

Everything in central Wisconsin is loose sand. Lol is Dyracuse Really all that? Never been but my cousins used to go all the time.