lt500 in a blaster?

Easy way to measure stroke. Remove plug, insert plastic straw, bring it up to tdc, mark straw, rotate to bdc, mark, measure. Obviously it has to be centered on piston crown tdc & bdc.

Pffft, 500 swap not good idea, you'll blow brains out before done.
As to air vs watercooled making more power, it's relative. It's as much if not more due to the advancement of port layout as anything. Doubt you'd notice much difference between an a/c 490 and w/c 500 YZ.

Reactions: Triplecrown421
Easy way to measure stroke. Remove plug, insert plastic straw, bring it up to tdc, mark straw, rotate to bdc, mark, measure. Obviously it has to be centered on piston crown tdc & bdc.

Pffft, 500 swap not good idea, you'll blow brains out before done.
As to air vs watercooled making more power, it's relative. It's as much if not more due to the advancement of port layout as anything. Doubt you'd notice much difference between an a/c 490 and w/c 500 YZ.

This is my cr125 conversion. Headstay mounted. No vibrations.

That is pretty slick lookin, I didnt think of that. I was thinkin on the sx250 motor I seen swapp I think the head stay was on the oppasite side an where u need to mount the rad an pipe it would be next to imposible.

Head stay or not a 500cc 2stroke jammed into a blaster is gonna raddle your nuts off. I just cant ever see it being vibration free like a blaster motor is

Ya I've decided against the 500, way to many thing going against it, and its not like this is gonna be a drag bike. I did just come across a 2003 kx250 engine that needs a new piston for $100, come with radiators, exhaust and ignition, so I am thinking about that, but before I make any decisions I'm taking this bike out to the tracks this weekend just to see how much I like the current engine in it.. and I'm defiantly gonna try that straw trick to measure the bore
That looks very well done with the 125.. looks like the kickstarter might hit the frame though

Ya I've decided against the 500, way to many thing going against it, and its not like this is gonna be a drag bike. I did just come across a 2003 kx250 engine that needs a new piston for $100, come with radiators, exhaust and ignition, so I am thinking about that, but before I make any decisions I'm taking this bike out to the tracks this weekend just to see how much I like the current engine in it.. and I'm defiantly gonna try that straw trick to measure the bore
That looks very well done with the 125.. looks like the kickstarter might hit the frame though
i jad to shave it down. you can see it in thepic. it just clears the frame. if i jave issues, i will shave some more off.

Yeah, I had the same problem with kickstarter with my KTM250 swap. I flattened the frame tube a bit. The 250 definitively vibrates more than the 200, and the gear ratios suck. It is very fast, but limited. Welking on the Blaster frame can be problematic, especially with big power. It tends to crack. From someone who has done a swap, I say supe up the Blaster motor.

Head mod, fill the intake port, raise the exhaust port and the pipe you've got should make it rock.