Lt250r showcase

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
Since there seems to be a ever growing amoint of lt250rs i think we should start a thread for them.. a single thread with all us lt guys posting our lts there mods and future plans.. and post any history of your machine..x
.. this thread would also be open to zillas.. and any lt250r/500 hybrid using a lt chassis or a lt motor in another quad
What tou guys think?

me first!!!! my lt250 4 poker i bought, fixed up (kinda) n sold...
88suzukilt250.jpg

downsized950907001720a.jpg

Lol nice quad sport lol... i was refering to the 2 stroke platform.. but i guess the lt line its self would do.. well see what everyone thinks.. if it goes over as a good ideal well start a new thread titled "lts showroom"

Figured since we got a zuki section it would ne fun.. hopefully the othee qiad sections do it to.. noce ro see a community thats quad specific enjoying other machines.. shows the youngins startin oit kn blaster what they can move up to of they choose to

Good timing for this thread but not good for my wallet...one just popped up for sale around here for $1600, looks super clean. I was just about to sink money into a port and head redesign for my Blaster but picking up one of these is tempting.

How would the two match up (ported Blaster with 34mm carb) vs the stock 88 250r? I know I could do the same to the 250 but the initial purchase will definitely deplete the funds for a while. Picking up a 20+ year old quad that is actually going to get ridden kind of makes me hesitant.

Also any comparison on a banshee and 230r? Performance wise and best bang for the buck? I think I would stick to the Blaster over a Banshee because I know the twin design would put me into poverty.

I don't think I'd consider the 230r unless I could talk him down to $1400 and there wasn't anything wrong with it.

Another question on top of those, without seeing one in person yet, are they the same size as the lt230 quadsport(friend has one) or bigger? I really enjoy the size of the Blaster in the woods which is all I ride and the quadsport is around the same as the Blaster.

The lt250r is.bigger than the 230... lt is.comparable in size to a banshee and the 450 and 400 quads... i have a 87 with a fresh 89 motor.. i lost to one machine so far.. lost by about 3 lenghts to a can am outlander? 800r woth filter and exhaust.. i faired pretty well seeing the 800 is a twin with well over 60 hp 4x4 .. it was 75 degrees and my quad is still jetted for 30 degrees... i think a rejet and it would be a closer race... dont be afraid of the old machines parts are still available!! I just ordered a brand mew intake boot (carb to reed cage) from the powersports dealer

heres my 92 lt250r. it will have works shocks and 18" razr mx tires on the rear within the next week and a bit. tires are in the midst of being shipped and the brand new shocks are being built by works right now.

p.s. its been about a year since my last post on here haha :)

ab4ex2.jpg

Last edited:
heres my 92 lr250r. it will have works shocks and 18" razr mx tires on the rear within the next week and a bit. tires are in the midst of being shipped and the brand new shocks are being built by works right now.

p.s. its been about a year since my last post on here haha :)

ab4ex2.jpg

the last time you posted the Leafs were still in the playoff race

LOL