kx250 blaster build!!

yeah thats been the main isue, we didnt want to chop it up as its the only pipe ive seen for that year apart from pro circuit ones and so on which is why we took a part of the frame away, obviously that weakens the frame but that will be strentghened with the rest of the frame so it should be ok :)

I'll get you some pictures of my pipe later on tonight.
I see your reasoning with cutting the tube, and I think you may be able to work
around that. Add another tube that clears the pipe? The ability to use stock pipes
is not to be under-rated. I don't know how the performance of my modded pipe
is going to work out.

Steve

ok thanks , yeah the tube cutting helps alot, but i think i have a lan to strenthen it, i will have a metal tube coming down from both sides of were i cut it (if you get me) and i will have one going from both sides horozontally

I'll get you some pictures of my pipe later on tonight.
I see your reasoning with cutting the tube, and I think you may be able to work
around that. Add another tube that clears the pipe? The ability to use stock pipes
is not to be under-rated. I don't know how the performance of my modded pipe
is going to work out.

Steve
ive seen your pipe looks nice, i got a bit more work done today my gasket set came so now my engine is sealed hopefully that was the problem with it, sat the tank on to see the clearence( i need to make some spacers)thats all i got done today tho

Its a pile of work isn't it?
Fitting parts, parts on, parts off, making stuff that almost fits, then remaking it.
Seemed like such a simple idea when we started.
Even when you get something together, you can imagine a better way afterward!

I've had mine for a few short rides. Working good. It keeps the enthusiasm up too.
I have the day off, going to work on it a bit, finish up pipe and rear brakes,
look at the carb to airbox connection, then maybe go riding on the KTM a bit.
The woods are still full of snow here, but the fields are open.
Keep the pictures and reports coming Dan.

Steve

Its a pile of work isn't it?
Fitting parts, parts on, parts off, making stuff that almost fits, then remaking it.
Seemed like such a simple idea when we started.
Even when you get something together, you can imagine a better way afterward!

I've had mine for a few short rides. Working good. It keeps the enthusiasm up too.
I have the day off, going to work on it a bit, finish up pipe and rear brakes,
look at the carb to airbox connection, then maybe go riding on the KTM a bit.
The woods are still full of snow here, but the fields are open.
Keep the pictures and reports coming Dan.

Steve
Yeah i totally agree ive been trying to place the radiators and i think ive got them were i want them but i know i just know ill have to move them for something haha
keep the pictures coming to steve i love your build haha

Dan

todays update, got the rear axle on and chain lined up, clutch finally sorted out, started to mount radiators (should be done tomoz ) sorry no pictures :(

Tonights update, its now a rolling chassis, got the exhaust fully fitted (opinions please) got the underside of the fuel tank covered with heat reflective tape and string to sort out the carb and airbox

man spend the extra 20 seconds to put them in the thread. noone wants to go to your photobucket

DSC04189.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

DSC04186.jpg

DSC04187.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have set your self up for a big fail, and i wouldnt wanna ride that thing,

im not trying to be a dick so dont take itt hat was, your front motor mounts are gonna be the first to break, my buddys kxt250 blaster ( kxt250 is the kawi trike compairable to the honda 250r) its a kx motor minus the power valve, seeing its a 84 motor...

his motor mounts are twice that of yours, welded by a good welder and reinforced with 1/4 inch plate steel, and guess what??? the welds have cracked 3 times, broke the front pipe mount off, broke the grade 8 rear mount bolt in half,

and with your cutting that section of the frame out by the motor mount weakend it even more, since thats there the mounts are your gonna bust that mount in no time, along with twist the frame due to the weak point there...

best bet is gonna be to rubber isolat the mount sto absorb some of the vibrations, and re work the frame where you cut the pice out, like make a box section around the pipe that connects the two points of the frame where you cut it out..

i hope it works out for you but i can tell you from what i have seen in person your gonna tear that frame apart

Ok thanks for all your advice,its no were near finished yet and where you said the frame cut out thats all going to get hugely strenghened along with the rest of the blaster, thanks for all the advice