just got a 91 blaster an need help!!!

pedo

Jun 30, 2008
hello, i jus got a blaster that appers to have a new top end,new gears,bars,k&n air filter,boysen reedes, pretty new tires andthe bodys in good shape too for a 17yr old quad. for 600$..it didnt run due to a shot stock carb. so i just picked up a 34mm keihin carb & twist throttle.. i noticed that it isnt getting any spark, the coil and spark plug boot suck and i dont wana get a OEM one it costs 85$. the after market igniton coils claim to only fit 94 to present. is that true? could i mod a new one? did i waist 600$?? help.lol

thanks pete.

YES listen to blasterdude. that may be the issue, try that before you buy stuff for the spark issue. oh and if u dont know, tors(throttle overide system) shuts the blaster down if the throttle gets stuck wide open, which could cause a crash or a blown motor. tors tends to malfunction in blasters, so everyone takes it off before it goes so theres no problem with removing it.

oh and i love how everyone always says did i wast $XXXX?? blasters are realitivly cheap to repair and quite easy + 2 strokes are easy to fix/maintain. you dont really waste money buying a blaster unless it has a MAJOR problem. spark or carb is minor.

haha i checked the tors and it was still plugged into the 'brains' i put the keihin carb on and it startd 2nd kick! thnx alot for all the help.

Glad to hear your back in business.....TORS causes problems for lots of new blaster owners, especially when modifying or working on the quad.

TORS is the reason I got mine for cheap, it was not running, "wont get fire" he said. It was the TORS system. 5 min after unloading, it was running. LOL

:)

haha NICE. i rushed puttin the new carb on an to ride.. there must be dirt in tank and got to the floats. because it idles and runs for like 10min fine then over flows like crazyyy until i shut the gas off.