Need help 1996 blaster

96Blasty

Nov 3, 2016
Okay so got a project blaster to work on the other day, its a 96 and was in rough shape but got it for a good price so i didnt want to turn it down seeing as all the parts it needed were relatively cheap. So my issue is that the quad was running good but couldnt get the headlight to work ran it all down to the stator, every once in awhile i would hear like a metal on metal noise coming from the left case area while i was kicking it over (where fly wheel and stator are located) pulled the fly wheel cover off and noticed chunks of metal in there... honestly at first looked to be a clutch plate type thing that had broke into pieces.. not sure if it was part of the fly wheel or what but i honestly have no idea where it came from or what it is.. pulled flywheel off and it looks like the original. One of the coils on the stator was hanging by one bolt, luckily the other was stuck to the flywheel lol. So threw it all back together and the bike starts up but seems like it has a weaker spark now and the headlight still doesnt work so ill have to end up getting a new stator anyways. Just want to know if this flywheel is shot or not. Thanks for the help

If the flywheel isn't torn up badly it should be fine. Also you can buy just the lighting coil seperatly.
Your ignition may just need a little love (maintenance/repair)