Just bought and blaster need help

MaHarvey

Sep 17, 2015
I just bought a 2003 blaster for cheep because it wouldn't start. I looked into it I have good spark i cleaned the carb and she was gettin lots of fuel. I then put a compression tester on it and got 60 psi... so I took the top end down and right away noticed a broken ring which ruined the ring Grove on piston. The liner is perfect above the ports but had one groove below the ports should I get it bored or would a honeing work or can I jus rebuild as is. Thanks

Matt

Get it bored.
You already need a new piston, rings and wrist pin bearing. might as well be the next size, and get the cylinder bored/honed to match that exact piston.
Bore/hone should only be around $60-ish.

Just priced the rebuild kit at yamaha they want 210 bucks plus 60 or more for bore and honeing startin too get pretty steep are there cheeper rebuild kits out there?

I don't think its a bad price at all I just bought a 2000 for $750 so for less than $600 yours would be freshly rebuilt I'm hoping mine won't need anything major anytime soon but when it does come time to rebuild it I won't skimp on it!

I got a machinest down the road help me with the liner and got a vertex rebuild kit for 160 at my local motorsports shop... my clutch was stuck but after a oil change and a little running for my break in it freed up jus used a heat gun to remove stress marks in plastic and aluminum foil and water to clean pipe she's startin too look good still under 900 bucks in total

20150921_201447.jpg
a little before and after of the results I got with a heat gun not too bad
20150921_200805.jpg

Just tried to adjust my clutch and can't get cover of must a leaked and instead of replacing gasket the previous owner filled it full of jb weld.... not too happy about this discovery any tips on what I can do to remove this without destroying it

How far did they go with jb weld? Man I hate when people don't consider the consequences for their antics rtv would have at least been a better choice. Best of luck to you.

I can't think of any brilliant plan just a grinder and a file take your time and be careful unfortunately. Maybe some one will chime in with a better solution.