Just a new nitro idea

speed69phreak

Apr 4, 2010
south bend in
I been mixing a little nitro methane in my gas "110 octane" with maxzma k2 oil, 1 cup of nitro per 5 gal. And the prolbem is I can't turn it off !!!
So what if I put the oil injection back on ,with a shut off valve in line , back it way down !!!
What do you guys think ???
Thanks - big ride this saterday -at bundy hill

you need a master fuel shut off. nitro is ignited by pressure and heat more than your spark plug.something like a ball valve on a choke cable would work, just push/pull the fuel to off, or rig a cable to your petcock to cut the fuel.

i want vids of that thing. nitro is sexxxxxxy

i would never do that, i would mix it with the gas. i wouldn't trust the injection with something like nitro

Well I think I could control the flow by sodering the nipple in my carb and
drilling it out to "let's say 20 thousants to start "
it's just a idea at this piont - I really need to talk more with the hillclimbers
about what exatlay there doing - but there only doin short runs

Welp with 1 cup to 5 gal it really runs good !! Shuts off with kill switch !!
When I get alittle wild and say "hold my beer and watch this "
I have to stall it

Just so the kiddys know ! My freind put to much in his 250r and fired it up . Ran like the throdle was stuck wide open, but had throdle left , launched that three wheeler in 3rd gear and filpped right there ! It was extended 12 at the sway arm
we had to beat the piston out with a sludge hammer

doesnt surprise me, nitro is WICKED stuff. it wouldn't be real good for a long ride unless you cool it down after running it.

ps if it'll still shut off with the kill switch you're not using enough!

Here's the plan "there plbms with oem pump and tank in the rear of bike"
g force from a hole shot will starve the pump!
So I'm thinking a pressurized tank "on handle bars" -no pump - and a gas servo from nitrous to turn it off!!!
Whom evere started the blaster form would be proud of this idea !!
Anyone can buy parts "make your own"
- I take my own conecting rods apart

first , just to let you know ... the nitro will NOT mix with 2 cycle oil . ( will separate like water in gas ) and to get pure nitro is NOT easy . ( I run RC boats and cars and use Zenoah , CY and Poulini engines )
When you get your mix right ... you will THEN have throttle control . Untill then , what you are getting , is either a solid shot of nitro , or gas ... you are NOT getting them mixed .
Also , FTR - you do NOT want to "dump" the nitro in , you want it "sprayed" in ( if mixing with the gas flow ) . Read your can of nitro ... bet it says it contains NON PETROLEUM LUBRICANTS . ( which is why it will NOT blend/mix with your gas and why you get a "shot" that you can't control . )
If you want to go with a burst , go with NOS ... ( you can buy small little cartridges like the shape/style used in paintball guns and pellet guns on EBAY listed under WHIP CREAM cartridges . )
THIS will give your little shot/burst of pony power that you CAN control .

here is a link to on of those auctions on EBAY I am referring to :

25 16 GRAM N2O CARTRIDGES WHIP CREAM BESTWHIP - eBay (item 280423305154 end time Apr-12-10 14:17:15 PDT)

BTW - keep flowing nitro into your motor , and soon , you won't have a motor . Again , I run gassers and nitro's and take my word for it .. you CAN toast an engine REAL fast if you don't watch the temps ( caused by/from the nitro ) and using proper lube .
One more thing that might be of some interest to you .... the fellow who tried describing that nitro uses HEAT , rather than spark hit the nail on the head ( thats why nitro engines use GLOW PLUGS and not SPARK plugs ) ... there is a BIG difference there also .
Again , you want a little controllable burst of ponies .... get some N20 instead .
If you have a little bit of ingenuity and think about things I said ... and what those cartridges fit ... you should be able to jimmy-rig a make shift setup to give you , your little shot of ponies that your after .
but , realize .... this CAN and WILL shorten the life of your engine before needing an overhaul ! Too much for too long and you won't have to worry about an overhaul either 8-|

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a idea
I'm not shure what temp It ignights / but if you put some on the work benck and hit it with a rubber hammer it explodes like a fire cracker

Last edited by a moderator:
Stroker crank, good port and head work, would be your best bet. Of course, unless your rich and can experiment with engines and possibly kill yourself in the process. I wouldn't even consider nitro of any kind on a quad. JMO.

those sneaky pete kits are ok but IMO are a bit dangerous. For a proper nitrous kit you need fuel and nitrous. Nitrous is an oxidizer and needs fuel with it to make a proper A/F ratio. Dry shot kits (like the sneaky pete) are good for setups with fuel injected setups so the computer can add more fuel when more air is detected. For a blaster a wet shot system would be optimal, but will need to have an external fuel pump for the fuel solenoiod (SP).

To the OP, sorry for hijacking your thread. No back on topic, if your dead set about using the nitro, a setup with the nitous solenoid is a good idea. A good setup you could think of is using a fuel pump, fuel solenoid, WOT switch, wet shot nozzle, and a small 12v battery to power it all. I would think that tapping the intake boot for the nozzle would be the best way to spray the nitro right into the jug. This is all IMO.