Jetting a 35 mm air stryker

the problem may lie in that clamp on k and n pod filter. u should put a couple inch long tube between the carb and pod filter for more velocity

Well mine has a 4.5 in it but you still couldn't get your to idle right even with the right slide until you adjusted your throttle cable correct?

im using a kiehin 34mm pj carb and they r a lot harder to get to idle then the pwks becuz the idle knob on the 34 pj doesn't really work so I just screwed the idle knob all the way down and adjusted from the throttle cable like other members on here have done and it works fine

Just got off the phone with carb parts ware house the guy told me they put in a 4.5 slide for highly modified engines but ive read and been told i need a 6 slide the 4.5 is way to rich. I also called my engine builder Ken occonor racing and he said i need a 6 slide also but i could play around with some richer pilot jets and see if i can get it to idle correctly if not i have the option to go to a 6 slide or just not worry about it idleing as it don't really matter to keep it idleing as long as it fires up.

i found this on google. here is a pick of the 2 slides and u can c the opening on the #6 is higher letting in more air then the 4.5

After thinking about it i guess i would need to go leaner on the pilot since the slide is already to rich if i were to even mess with it im kinda pissed of being the new slide is 50 bucks at dealer cost and 74 to the customer and the carb is brand new. Since i have started the bike he wont let me exchange it.

Yeah it sucks that those slides cost that much. I bought a new carb as well and that was expensive enough then I had to go out and buy that #6 slide on top of it. I got the #6 slide in mine because I was told it would be hard to jet without it but I still can't get mine to idle without the cable adjustment. I wish there was a bullet proof way like plug chopping to find out where you are with your pilot. I'm almost to the point of taking it to a local trusted shop to see if they can figure out why my idle isn't working right and my air screw is off but I know I'll just be spending a couple hundred for them to say "Its good enough and just use the throttle cable for idle"

Im exactly where you are at I was gonna take It and get it dyno tuned but hell they want 250 plus bucks depending on there labor. I wonder if the difference in slide cutaway will effect the needle and main jet tuning if it don't ill just keep the 4.5 slide and screw my throttle cable out and move on.

I just had a guy from a Yamaha shop tell me to measure the float height and he said the way he does it is turn fuel on let it fill carb then pull carb off and drain the fuel in a measuring cup he said if there is over an ounce of fuel in there to raise the float height or it wont idle. hope this helps my carb is brand new so I would like to think the float height is right but you cant eliminate the possibility of it being to high or low.

I just had a guy from a Yamaha shop tell me to measure the float height and he said the way he does it is turn fuel on let it fill carb then pull carb off and drain the fuel in a measuring cup he said if there is over an ounce of fuel in there to raise the float height or it wont idle. hope this helps my carb is brand new so I would like to think the float height is right but you cant eliminate the possibility of it being to high or low.

Carbs have different required float levels so he would have to know the exact amount that a 35mm air striker specifically holds at the required float level specific for your carb

its easy enough to just hold your carb at an angle till it barely seats and then measure. Its a good thing to check but I'm betting that your float level is alright. I double checked mine even though it was new.

And just an FYI if you do check it, the 35mm air striker calls for a 16mm float height and 16mm is pretty close to the end of the float's range of motion. Your float will be close to parallel with the top of the bowl surface. Just to give you a little reference

Well I put a 42 pilot in it and it will run right with my thumb barley on the throttle I tried to adjust it out a hair and it just kills it. I tried to lean out the air fuel mixture to 2 1/2 turns out and it idles with my thumb barley on the throttle. when I pull the choke out it just kills it so with with the 4.5 slide it leads me to believe im still rich with the 42 on the pilot idk whether I should keep going down on the pilot or just buy that number 6 slide its hard for me to spend another 50 bucks if you guys still could not get yours to idle with the 6 slide without adjusting the throttle. My question is, will a smaller pilot affect anything as far as when it comes time to get the needle and the main jet right.

Hey awk could you go to my jetting a 35 mm air stryker and help me out bud im having a hell of a time getting it to idle