I'm new and somethings wrong.... :(

mr.wankel

Sep 11, 2009
Northwestern Pa
Hey guys! I'm new on here but not new to forums. I'm part of the rx7club forum cause well.... i have one. lol But I just bought a blaster! Yeah! And now i need some help with the poor thing. Within one week of buying it she's acting up on me. :( Now heres the problem.......
It starts up fine and idles.... but as soon as you go to run it, it falls on it's face with no power and is acting just like it would on choke. So I checked the carb and it was CLEAN with no foreign objects and the choke was fully closing......... It ran AWESOME just a couple days before and then BAM all of a sudden this problem. A buddy of mine says the compression just from kicking it over is no different from his so he doesn't think it lost comp. I was thinking possibly a CDI box? But I know nothing about these so whatcha guys think???? Thanks so much in advance! :)

the tors (throttle over ride system) is the box above the carburetor that the throttle cable goes into What year is your blaster? If its pre 03 you can just disconnect the tors wires with no issues. If it's a 03+ there is a little more to it, just some splicing, nothing major.

Yay! ahah. im pretty sure the pre 03 blaster doesn't have a sensor, they have the p brake but no sensor.

LOL you just noticed? Its always been there haha. Sorry for jacking the thread mr.wankel

*ya there is no sensor on pre 03 blasters

So I unhooked what I thought to be the correct wire for the TORS but it shuts down everytime I unhook it? Is it the wire thats right beside the snorkel? If not what wire??? A pic would be great.