If I support BF will you answer my questions?

Joey_Stacks

Apr 4, 2010
Lancaster, PA
So Ive noticed that people sometime jump my questions and answer Supporting Members questions in a thread. Do I need to donate before people will start trying to help me?
My problems were in carb's I dont know much about them I read the sticky threads on them and they kinda forced to much info for a newbie. So will people answer if I Support?

it looks like all your threads with questions have a lot of replies? are you just not getting the answers you want? we can't fix it from our end of the computer

it looks like all your threads with questions have a lot of replies? are you just not getting the answers you want? we can't fix it from our end of the computer

You do somewhat have a point there. You have given me the best answers so far. Its just hard for a new guy that wants to learn when he dosent have anybody to really show the way. Im on my own here everybody I know craps the bed when 2 stroke motor's are involved. Im just mad because I got a bad feeling Im gonna blow up my new piston trying to figure out how to Jet my carb. And I dont have the money to blow on a cycle shop doing it for me.

Gee Dude, I've never noticed a tendency for non-members not to get their questions answered. But forums are strictly voluntary, sometimes you get better answers than others. Thread-jacking is always an issue I suppose, but speaking for myself, I try to answer all questions that I think I know the answer to, and keep my mouth shut when I don't or someone else has already answered well enough.

Gee Dude, I've never noticed a tendency for non-members not to get their questions answered. But forums are strictly voluntary, sometimes you get better answers than others. Thread-jacking is always an issue I suppose, but speaking for myself, I try to answer all questions that I think I know the answer to, and keep my mouth shut when I don't or someone else has already answered well enough.

i love your new sig pic lol

if you ask the question, put the right title so I am interested in clicking the link and I know the question then I will answer I will answer it no matter who you are.

well since you rebuilt it, did you do a leakdown test? If you think somebody can just tell you exactly what size jet to run, what clip to use on the needle, that won't happen.
Have you read enough to understand which part of the trottle controls which carb circuit? Have you thought about an EGT?

I got help before I was a supporting member.

However, I own a forum myself, and I understand time and money it takes to build one thats good, so I supported it because thats how I am.

But, I dont think being a non supporting member would get you less help. I know I wouldnt think twice about it.

I'm not a supporting member yet, and all of my questions get answered right away when I start a thread. I like to make the thread title very specific about my question, that way people who know the answer will come in and try to help out, and people who really don't know will generally not make any off topic replies.

I got help before I was a supporting member.

However, I own a forum myself, and I understand time and money it takes to build one thats good, so I supported it because thats how I am.

But, I dont think being a non supporting member would get you less help. I know I wouldnt think twice about it.

wierd you donated but didnt become a supporting member?

joey ask away bro were all here to help..

well since you rebuilt it, did you do a leakdown test? If you think somebody can just tell you exactly what size jet to run, what clip to use on the needle, that won't happen.
Have you read enough to understand which part of the trottle controls which carb circuit? Have you thought about an EGT?

I really was just hoping for some numbers to run with. My friend has a compression tester and leakdown tester and I was planning on taking it to him but I ran into carb issues and I am in the process of getting the parts I need Im right at around the 240 dollar part mark and It seems to want to keep going

Thanks everybody the question that I really wanted answered was what jets sizes come standard on an OKO 28mm flat slide carb. I have never messed with carb jets before as my current and previous ride is a Kawasaki KLT 185 3-wheeler and good luck finding parts for it. and they dont even make the Mikuni 22mm carb thats on it anymore. Add to the fact that blasters like to blow up and it leaves me feeling stressed. Especially since I got some money put into this and it might be another month before I could afford another top end rebuild.
I think Im gonna go back into the engine forum and start a new thread asking specific questions. If you think you got answers you know where to look

Theres 2 ways.

If you Donate, you dont become a supporting member. You have to click the little supporting member logo thingy in a supporting members avatar.

So yeah, Ive given 21 bucks to this place already LOL. Oh well. I know how it goes to run a forum. I myself own celicatech.com and I have the same thing in place.

i havent seen a whole lotta guys running the 28mm oko, most go with the 30mm, so there may not be many bro's who can answer that question, and any one who would give jetting info should tell you it's just a starting point, your still gonna have to understand the jetting info already givin above, and also how to do plug chops

Theres 2 ways.

If you Donate, you dont become a supporting member. You have to click the little supporting member logo thingy in a supporting members avatar.

So yeah, Ive given 21 bucks to this place already LOL. Oh well. I know how it goes to run a forum. I myself own celicatech.com and I have the same thing in place.

u can go into group memberships in ur user cp, add urself to the supporters group, then ur name will magically become greenI:I