I just bought a project...

Well I got home from work and started ripping the bike apart, found a manual and wiring diagram on the internet and hooked up the new coil and plugs... not getting a spark. The wiring harness looks like it just got sh*t from the dirty rust monster, I know i need to get a meter, but first i want to take apart the CDI box, but i can't get the sucker off... is there some trick to it? I've searched the forums but cant really find anything...

btw - is it just me or does this site like to randomly go down for a few seconds every once and a while?

Here's more pics...

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

Reactions: blasterdemon7
No spark...that brings back some painful memories. I chased a weak/no spark on a blaster once and finally found a bad coil on the stator, but getting there was a learning experience. A good manual and the discipline to use it and follow the steps will save time in the end. Or else get a spare parts blaster to swap suspect parts around.

Well I got a new coil, few plugs, and i just picked up a rotor puller so i can dig into the cdi magneto... once i clean that out im going to use J4M1E333's rewiring instructions and rewire it as simple as i can to try and get a spark... I feel like im finally making progress though, helps to keep it fun :D

Umm, thanks for the video? good music and a beer always makes for a good time in the shop ;)

looks like a nice starting piont for a project, I would tear that motor down completly, inspect it real good and replace all the seals along with what ever else revels its self kinda looks like the engine was under someones deck for a few years. Should have bought mine like that. Good luck Bro

The dude said he kept the motor out the weather, said he rebuilt the top end but never ran it after that... you think its safe break it in and run it without having to rebuild it all? or is it easy enough to just go ahead and do it anyway?

btw - this is my first bike to work on besides an old honda 110 3 wheeler i used to have.

oh umm yea i personally would pull the jug and go over everything in there just in case, its easy to do a top end but some people are really stupid!! and lazy and cheap ass etc.