I just bought a project...

sapient

Feb 17, 2010
Louisiana
I drove 200 miles last night to pick this bike up as a project/challenge...

Supposably its an 01 Blaster, the dude i bought it from said that it needs a coil, plugs, has new top end, and last time it ran was a year ago, but he hasn't had time to fool with it.

Its got an FMF Gold Fatboy pipe with a DG silencer, Keihin PJ 07babg Carb, and pretty sure it needs alot of work... from what ive seen on the forum, blastapole looks like he has/had the same bike...

Here's some Pics:

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

I'm going to pick up a coil and plug today and see what im working with, hopefully ya'll are the guys to come to when I run into problems... look forward to all your advise.

Sapient

Last edited:
That has a lot of potential to be a good looking bike bro.
I wouldn't mind comming across something like that!

Thanks for the encouragement lol, I need it.

I wont be spending any money on appearance until I get it running, but I plan on making a nice "before and after" bike if I do...

What's a good price for something like that? I'm looking for a project too but I have seen a few that were more like junk...

How the hell you know i paid 200 bucks for it? lol

Dude had it on craigslist for 400, i got it from him for 200.

Not sure if its ported or anything, all he said was its got a new top end.

200$ seems like a good deal to me. I am on the fence about spending a couple hundred on a project or a grand on a good running quad. I think the good runer is the better idea for me cause I don't really have time for a project right now.

Looks like you got a good deal on the bike.I spent a grand on mine and still gave it a good going through but it had a the 240 kit, 34mm pj,fmf gold pipie and silencer.The list goes on and on but it had a lot of aftermarket sh*t on it and I tore it down so no spring time problems.

wow nice i saw it on craigslist and was about to go pick up the hood from him but didnt want to drive for an hour and a half