how do you remove the axle from the carrier

Haha I had the same problem. My axle was so bad I had to cut of an axle nut just to get started on beating off the hub .. after that a ton of heat but from what it sounds and looks like you guys were hitting it in the wrong spot. you can see where I was hitting it form the inside and I didn't bend it it all. I also have a axle , hub and carrier for sale.. I only want $5 for the sprocket hub and $5 for the carrier.
05182011019.jpg
05182011022.jpg

Haha I had the same problem. My axle was so bad I had to cut of an axle nut just to get started on beating off the hub .. after that a ton of heat but from what it sounds and looks like you guys were hitting it in the wrong spot. you can see where I was hitting it form the inside and I didn't bend it it all. I also have a axle , hub and carrier for sale.. I only want $5 for the sprocket hub and $5 for the carrier.

Looks like yours was not as rusted as mine. Trust me I hit the hell out of it everyway I could. Also tried the "drop" method which led to the "slam" method and neither worked. lol. The splines on my sprocket hub were rusted tight to the splines on the axle. No way it was coming off. Even when I cut the sprocket hub I still had to beat it with a hammer to get it off the axle. It was a hell of an experience. Greased the axle and splines before I put it back together. Will do the same with my new one when I put it together.

Looks like yours was not as rusted as mine. Trust me I hit the hell out of it everyway I could. Also tried the "drop" method which led to the "slam" method and neither worked. lol. The splines on my sprocket hub were rusted tight to the splines on the axle. No way it was coming off. Even when I cut the sprocket hub I still had to beat it with a hammer to get it off the axle. It was a hell of an experience. Greased the axle and splines before I put it back together. Will do the same with my new one when I put it together.

Take a pic of your splines and I bet my looks the same.It toke me 2hours before it started to move.

Take a pic of your splines and I bet my looks the same.It toke me 2hours before it started to move.

lol. I spent the majority of 2 days trying to break it free before I decided to cut it off. Pics ar on page 2. The non rusted splines were the brake side. The rusted one were where the sprocket hub was.