how big is you breaker bar rebuild

sc0r1a

Jun 11, 2009
Ohio
I've been slowly tearing down my girls blaster and finally decided to make a thread for it. I'll continue to slowly work on it, i'm in no hurry and with a bummed arm it takes longer. Also need to collect parts and select colors

the start $450 blaster
IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

4 foot breaker bar and still didnt get the bolt loss, i thought it would at least break the freakin thing

IMG_0500-1.jpg

When I put a 400ex shock on my Blaster the top bolt came out fine but I had to sawzall the bottom bolt in between the shock and the mount, and then I had to pound what was left of the bolt out of the mounts with a punch.

I soaked mine with WD40 a couple of times a day 4 a few days and worked the bolt as much as I could each time. You didn't say what exactly was stripped; is it the head or the threads? Also, be sure to use" Never Sieze" when you re-assemble everything so you'll never have to go through this again :)

The head of the bold stripped. The nut will come right off.
I'm having the same problem with the sing arm bolt. The nut came off but the bolt wont. I figured if i took the shock off i could work the swing arm up and down and wiggle it loss. but the shock is stuck. Top and bottom wont come up.

OK, Patience and persistence. Put a pair of vice-grips on that head (make sure the teeth bite in good) and keep putting WD40 on both ends of the thing and turn it back and forth a little each time so the WD40 works it's way in. The hardest part of this is the rubber bushing, it absorbs the force of you turning the bolt so it'll never reall just "break loose". All you can do is keep at it.

Two other possibilities:
I can't recall if there was enough access for it but you might try getting a bolt the size of the bolt that's in there and use it as a driving pin. Put it up against the bolt's threaded end and hammer the $#!t out of it. This will work on the pivot bolt. I:I

If that doesn't work for you, get a sawzall (or a skill saw with a shorter stroke) and cut that mother f'er bolt up against each side of the shock. You'll prob end up replacing the shock's bushings but you may be able to get that bolt cut without damaging the bushing too much and what the hell, the bolt has to be replaced anyway.

Again, don't forget the Never Seize when reassembling so you don't have to go through this again ;)

have you tried taking a screw driver and hammering it out while you move the swingarm up and down.

have you tried taking a screw driver and hammering it out while you move the swingarm up and down.

I haven't messed with it in the past couple days, school, and jeep shopping have been keeping me busying.

I haven't tried moving the swing arm and wiggling the bolt yet. I'll get some PB buster and soak everything down.

I hope to never take it apart again so i wont need the Never Seize

Dont hate on my old kitchen work shop lol

Im not hating! haha. Actually wish i had one. Its too cold to do anything in the garage. Will try to make some progress this weekend getting this thing together. its supposed to be somewhat nice out. good work.

When I put a 400ex shock on my Blaster the top bolt came out fine but I had to sawzall the bottom bolt in between the shock and the mount, and then I had to pound what was left of the bolt out of the mounts with a punch.

+1. I cut he bottom bolt with a cut off wheel. The bolt is still in that mount