holes in cranck case

blaster64

Mar 27, 2009
my engine blew two holes in the cranckcase so i opened her up and i know what the problem is. Now i have to seal up those holes and i dont know how cause the guy at the dealership told me that i cant weld it cause the case is gonna warp , i personaally think he's talking bulshit cause lot of my buddies got their engines welded up and their fine. I also thought about some steel putty cause that wont let the case warp if that guys talking the truth . so what should i do weld or putty ? i'll get it welded by proffesionals.

not 100% sure about the welding.... seems like it could be brazed or carefully welded. if the holes are small i probally would clean it up nice and use the putty. guess that also depends where the holes are.

Here's a tip if your going to use putty- clean her up nice withe some sand paper and make sure that ther is no paint or oil in the area that has the holes in, close the hole up withe the putty. Get a glass of water wet your finger and smoooooth the putty out make sure your finger stays wet. And them you can just paint it again and you wont even notice the place where it broke. Just get a good and strong industrial putty PS "spit" also works LOL.

seems to me jbweld would melt off....not just due to the heat but also the oil. i'd say this depends on where the holes are....post up some pix. most likely welding would be ok, but if the holes are small enough, brazing would probably work just fine w/ an oxy-acetylene or MAYBE even propane or mapp gas torch.
tig welding it would probably be safe if someone who knows what they're doin is welding it. but they'll probably need you to pull the motor apart so they can clean both sides of the hole real good.....at that point i'd have to agree w/ kyleblaster, just buy a new case off ebay.