Oil injection + PreMIX????

Preston

May 8, 2017
I bought an 03 Blaster, it has oil injection set up on it still. First i read lots of forums on here saying oil injection is faulty....blew up peoples engines etc... SO i was gonna put a block off kit, but then i found lots of threads where guys who seemed to know more of what they were talking about rather than just following hype said that they keep their oil injection on!

So after reading up on everything i decided ill leave the oil injection on, but i cant get the fear of a possible oil injection problem out of my head after reading sooo many posts where guys swear it was faulty.

So i tried putting a 128:1 premix along with the oil injection. Not sure if 128:1 or 1oz of oil per gallon would even save from an engine blow up ???if the oil injection were to fail.

Am i Crazy?? or do others do this also??

Yes you're crazy :)
Do not run both.

Just run the injection, with oil made for injecting.
It's been blamed for failures but I've never seen it proven

If you lose sleep over it, delete it and mix 32:1 with a good oil made for mixing

Yamalube or Maxima Super M, make both versions, mix or inject

Bad reports on the oil injection system come from guys that fail to bleed the system after a flip or re build.

Often guys blame the system because their inability to jet correctly and the top end overheats.
They blame the pump for failing when in fact it was operator error that caused the problem.

If you keep the oil clean as you put it in the oil tank and keep the tank well topped up you should have no problems.

i will add that most people are comfy with smoke pooring out of the exhaust
on there 2 strokes.... im guilty:D
but the oil injection system on the blaster regulates
the amount of oil being injected to the combustion chamber as in
it is a plastic gear pump driven by rpms.....
when you pre-mix at 32:1 it constantly gets a 32:1 mix regardless
although at high rpms it wont smoke...OR summin like that hehe.

i will add that most people are comfy with smoke pooring out of the exhaust
on there 2 strokes.... im guilty:D
but the oil injection system on the blaster regulates
the amount of oil being injected to the combustion chamber as in
it is a plastic gear pump driven by rpms.....
when you pre-mix at 32:1 it constantly gets a 32:1 mix regardless
although at high rpms it wont smoke..
.OR summin like that hehe.

An this is where a problem can occur, 32:1 with the throttle pinned for a long time will starve the rod end bearing of oil.

If one rides WOT a lot 25:1 oil ratio is recommended.