sh*ting problems

DarkAlec

Sep 8, 2016
Awk08 said: ↑
sounds like the detent springs on the shift shaft aren't returning it to it's nuetral position, which it must do to shift up or down to the next gear, thats why when you phsically return the shifter to it's nuetral position it will shift normally.
that spring can get weak or the tail ends come off their resting spots which give it the spring action.
this is located inside the clutch cover, on the flat metal part that engages with the shift star.

time to pull the clutch cover and see whats up.
worst case sounds like a new/used shift shaft will cure it's shifting problems.

if nobody on here has one for ya, there's quite a few on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...0&_nkw=blaster+shift+shaft&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Hey, new here and must say, very impressed with what i see and how eager everyone is with helping one another, I found the above post......

Now i have a Blaster, not sure what year but since i bought it i had one problem on top of another, fix some of them but this is my headache one, shifting from 1st to 3rd but not 4th to 6th, with clutch cover of and moving bike forward and back words it shifts through all gears, bit stiff but ok, so as Awk08 said,i would like to try that..so how can i test the spring theory? and then also, see on youtube they remove the oil pump and block the hole off, is that save, because when i opened the oil pump cover i was shocked, ... NO OIL PUMP!!! the previous owner removed it but left the gear and shaft in.... lose and dangling all over, so i removed the gear before it can cause any damage.

Well i hope you guys can help me too

Reactions: Awk08
lol heading should say "Shifting Problem" so any advise on how to test the spring and about the oil pump?