Having problems with it Idling

jjblaster

Feb 29, 2016
Hi does any one know what the adjustments for a carb on a yamaha blaster 1995 stock carb.

what do you mean? need some more info, what are your trying to do? What is the problem? Help us, help you.

edit: saw the title lol

It wont stay idling and some time it will idle really high. I think it needs to be adjusted. but not sure what the write adjustment is.

Are you having trouble getting it to idle period? Does it run under throttle, then as soon as you let go of the throttle it dies? Is it revving out of control? Is this a sudden problem?

I just got it and i was driving it and i shut it off but when i started it back up it idled really high. but I tried to adjust it and i cant seem to get it write

It wont stay idling and some time it will idle really high. I think it needs to be adjusted. but not sure what the write adjustment is.

Sometimes a high idle like that means there is a possible air leak. I would check the motor for leaks using a leak tester. a Member on this forum makes and sells them, or you can build on yourself. here is a link to a build thread. HERE

Last edited:
It's highly recommended to test, inspect, and maintain a "New to you" machine. Everyone just wants to ride , wether you're 14 or 40, or even older ( like me).

Think about the fact that it's 20 yrs old. Rode hard, put away wet. It's going to need some love and attention. Could be as simple as a sticking throttle cable , TORS box, or slide. Or it could be worse.

Yeah I adjusted the carb a little today and i got it better. nut thanks for the help