have a question?

killer454

Aug 2, 2010
when it comes to porting a 240 vitos kit to match the vitos +3 crank
or even porting a stock cylinder
are you guys saying port the cylinder to match the 240 bbk and crank kit
like ken oconner is showing us in the video on this site on porting?

why cant i port my own vitos cylinder he shows us how to do it and the right bits.or is this cylinder allready ported to match everything.or am i not understanding what you mean by this.

im just confussed on what you say by porting to match the +3 crank or 240 kit.

im just the type of guy that likes to learn and do my own work on everything i own.

can anybody explain this and help me understand,i just dont see why alot of people send their cylinder off to somebody else to do this.

there are very exact measurements that you have to go by that is all worked out by flow mathmatics. by porting to the stroker crank means that they match the port timing to the new stroke by raising and lowering the port heights to accomplish the best flow. that instructional that ken gives is not a real port job. it is a good place for a beginner to start learning but it is a very mild power increace. real porting requires removing a lot of metal in a very specific shape. I'm not knocking kens instuctional i think it is awsome of him to show us how to do some port work ourselves

Reactions: killer454
changing the height and width of the ports inside the cylinder is not an easy task. i thought about doing it myself also but not when i looked at what i was trying to do with the tools i was trying to use. just wasnt going to happen....lol. look up porting tools on google one time.

lots of r+d goes into these remastered ports done by some vendors so the price for the time and labor of this work is well worth it. i dont know what makes a trail port exactly different from a dune or drag port as far as how far to take what ports.
the stroke of the cylinder effects the height of the piston so the port timming (height of ports) is ported in a different fashion. In the stroker, piston will be going higher and lower in the cylinder than before. optimising the extra area above or below the piston will net better results. I also think the head dome and type of porting would be a different for optimum compression for your style of ridiing and fuel.
i figured i would mess around with my own jug and did with ok results but if you want a real port job with great results have a professional do this one...

Reactions: killer454
ok thankyou everyone now i understand that their is more to kens video.

you guys have explained it to me so now i understand better.i did not realize their where different port shapes for different riding styles.

and different heights on the ports to match the +3 crank,thanks for explaining it to me i understand kens video is a excealent video but it is just a how to port for a begginner you guys have explained to me their is alot more involved thanks.

i have gave rep points to both of you if i can