Has anyone tried to used the top end kits off amazon

dj9040

Apr 3, 2016
They have a complete top end on amazon it comes
with carb cylinder gaskets piston ring are they any good it has a 5 star rating

What are you looking for exactly? New cylinder I take it? Are you building this bike piece by piece? I've got an extra cylinder sitting in my garage if that's what you're looking for. I'll get it measured tomorrow if you're interested.

The kit is China made and requires extensive chamfering . If you fail to completely perform professional 2 stroke engine prep it will fail immediately. They claim to be plug and play, it's just not true!

i just purchased a ebay kit for my 91 blaster installed it and started breaking it in. i was impressed with how quiet it is.... i did install a used good crank with new wiseco bearings and seals also. but i agree with tooloose. i chamfered my ports with a dremel and sanding disc and then ran a ballhone down it before installing. if u do it right i think they are ok. THEY ARE NOT PLUG AND PLAY.piston was FULL of burs and needed extensive filing and then a quick scrub with scotchbrite. they are not a wiseco but i think if u do it right they are ok. For the price i will buy a few and even if i change them every other year just to be safe i wouldnt care.i paid $58 dollars and comes with a 6 month warranty

Hey my brother! ✌️Peace from NC , the kits like they say are Chineese which you already know. But they require the usual porting cleanup chamfering that you would do to a OE cylinder. Wash out, try to remove any casting flash from the ports . Make dang sure that it's bored on Center! Scrape,gouge,chisel, on and around in the transfer ports to make perfectly sure that no aluminum splash comes loose after its running. This is where and when you want to get the loose debris out, then like always chamfer and polish those ports slick as glass. Wash it out! Check for proper ring end gap very first thing, Yamaha specs I think were .009-.013. Double check it for on center. Re- position the rings two to three places at the top and use the supplied piston to square the rings in the cylinder each time,unless you have a cylinder caliper or micrometer.its got to be round. If everything is good, do all the things I talked of earlier. And last before before final wash out, use some very fine 2500- 3000 emery cloth a flap the cylinder out then final wash. Then take a lint free cloth and wipe it out until 0 dust/ dirt is present with a fast drying brake cleaner like Wearever sold at advance auto parts. I mean surgically clean, this cleaner leaves almost no residue and drys fast !
Good Luck and may you have a good experience. Ps. Break end time is super important. Begins with A minimum of 3 warm up cool down cycles. Then No Wide Open throttles for the first 20 hrs. Or extended periods of constant 3/4 throttles according to Yamaha's Manual. After that Ride sensibly and responsibly at you own risk. Hey for 85.00, it can't be all bad ,but it's not wisco!✌️PEACE

The problem is they will keep making junk over seas and selling it here cause people keep buying that junk.. you can buy 1,2 or 10 of those cylinders and replace when you feel is needed. But the fact is a oem cylinder is miles ahead in quality. Junk China kit costs $58 to buy and they make money. What's that tell you? They must be good though their cheap!! Lol I guess common sense has gone to the wayside in America.

Reactions: 99blasterzach
hey, as soon as it stops raining here and i can actually ride im going to finish breakin and pound the crap outta it this summer. its got a 6 months warranty. so we will see how together it still is after 6 months. i havent owned a 2 stroke in a few years so im guna be on the throttle alot!

Use to have a 89 I fully rebuilt but then went chepa on the top end by getting one of thoose chinease kits ran for maybe 2 hurs and blew out the crank shaft defiantly do it right and take it to a shop

hey guys, did your smart phone come from Japan or China? I bet it was China ! But mine didn't come with a KICKSTARTER, or MUDDERS.LOL!

China made steel? ❌ ! It's was ours here in the USA First, Are you gonna Race it? BUY WEISCO!