going to start a build

Well, my swingarm bearings come Tuesday and my axle bearing I hope arrive the same day. Once I get those in, I can mark and cut my swingarm and get the rear of the motor mounted. I have the steal to make new motor mounts. I will first make cardboard templates than transfer those to the sheet steel. Make all my bends and weld them in place. I will have pics so stay tuned. I will also be making an upper rad mount and welding that in place as well as an upper engine head stay. Can mount the motor without the swingarm. Can't mount the exhaust without the motor in place. Love the layered build...lol I:I

Sounds good! good Idea making templates. And what gauge thickness are you gonna use for the mounts?

It's going to be a two piece mount like the stocker. One half will be the same thickness as stock(whatever it is, I haven't measured) the other piece will be twice the thickness. I will plug weld, or spotweld them together than weld it to the frame. I also scored a set of trx250r hubs, spindles and calipers for my hydrolic conversation. Since I will be running aftermarket a-arms, brand didn't matter to me. Plus for $150, I'm not complaining.

I was thinking about how much I already have invested in this project and I haven't put a spot of weld or a cutoff wheel to it yet...lol

one thing, does anyone have any hardware from stripping blasters you need to part with? all the original hardware and bolt sleeves from the gas tank down was replaced with oddball bolts from the hardware store.

just picked up a complete rear yfz450 brake setup off ebay. sorry to the guys who were watching if your a member here. the cr brake setup wont work and I don't want to run the cable brakes.

How hard was it to fab motor mounts

haven't made them yet. waiting for my bearings to come in so I know my swingarm, axle, and motor are straight. that way I know my marks are true on the swingarm when I cut it. fabbing up mounts will be super easy regardless. I will make patterns out of cardboard. that way, I know the shape and where my bends will be. than I just trace the pattern out on the metal and cut them out, bend them to shape and weld them on.I:I

Update, destroyed my axle getting it out. I kinda knew it was going to happen. Was rusted so bad

I have an interesting question. Being that I'm running a cr125 and it has a fairly large pipe to begin with, anyone think running a right bend pipe designed for the 240 bb blaster would work or just be to much pipe?

I have an interesting question. Being that I'm running a cr125 and it has a fairly large pipe to begin with, anyone think running a right bend pipe designed for the 240 bb blaster would work or just be to much pipe?

You could run it, but the blaster expansion chamber isn't designed for the port timing and smaller displacment of the 125. I would use the original expansion chamber designed for that engine or make your own "tuned pipe"using the 2stroke wizard computer program.

Here's the links.

Computer program
Exhaust Design Software Wizards

How to fabricate a expansion chamber
Build a "Tuned" pipe for a 2-stroke

I will work with what I have for now. once I get the pipe to fit, I have to weld on a 3/4 inch piece where I cut it. than I have to fix the huge dent. when I know it will work, I will order a new pipe and do the same thing to it. I also just picked up a no link reservoir works shock for the rear. most likely will need to be rebuilt and revalved.

nice work so far dave !

but, are you sure you didn't just block the pipe routing with that coil ?

nice work so far dave !

but, are you sure you didn't just block the pipe routing with that coil ?

nope. going to try and reuse the cr pipe if I can. plenty of clearance. oh, and nothing is welded on yet so I can rotate it to the other side if I need to.

silly but serious question, seeing as the blaster is a 200 and your putting in a 125, is there going to be a power decrease? or is the water cooled and power delivery of the dirtbike engine an improvement?

silly but serious question, seeing as the blaster is a 200 and your putting in a 125, is there going to be a power decrease? or is the water cooled and power delivery of the dirtbike engine an improvement?

For one, the cr motor is a power valve motor which helps over all power delivery. Second, the cr motor produces more horse power than the stock blaster motor could ever dream of. And since I had the bike and the quad roller, it was the logical choice..lol when I get it done and running, I will send the top end out and get a big bore kit installed.

For one, the cr motor is a power valve motor which helps over all power delivery. Second, the cr motor produces more horse power than the stock blaster motor could ever dream of. And since I had the bike and the quad roller, it was the logical choice..lol when I get it done and running, I will send the top end out and get a big bore kit installed.

fair enough lol i wasnt picking on your or anything, it was actually an honest question for my curiosity, im used to yz250's, this is my first two stroke quad, and coming from racing motocross on modern dirtbikes, any quad fees quick as hell because of the lack of suspension compared to a dirtbike