going to start a build

got most all the main welding done today. tacked up a couple things and forgot the airbox so didn't weld up one tab.

I:I look close I:I

I got the motor started. It has an airleak at the exhaust flange so it revved a bit out. Plus the idle screw on the carb was out all the way. Since the kill switch is broken, shutting it down was fun...lol I won't be restarting it till I fix those two issues. Anyway, I started it to see how bad it would vibrate. Well, it doesn't vibrate much to none at all. :D

are you throwing in the towel? it seemed to be going pretty darn good from the pictures

No, I'm still building the bike. Just dumping some of the ideas I had. I don't have access to a mill anymore or a lathe so I some ideas are hitting the scrap pile.

For those who have been following, I was going to link the rear with a banshee setup along with the cr motor swap. Well, I can do it. I figured out what I needed to do. Only one issue came up. That was the shock. I could get more travel out of the suspension but was having issues with the link length. So I'm going to try something else before I go with a standard blaster suspension. I'm picking up a new take off trx 450 rear shock and going to try that and see what I can do with that. I also picked up a banshee carrier for the hydraulic mount. Got my yzf450 caliper to mount but the blaster disk is way to big. So that idea is out. I have another idea that will work. Modifying can be a tedious task. But I need to get this all done so I can get the frame powder coated.

Picked up my new trx450 shock and link today. Pretty cheaply I might add.:D I can make the shock and link work pretty good. Just need to find some D.O.M. in inch and a half and will start getting the mounts made and welded to the frame and the swingarm. I may even just extend my swingarm myself.

man I can't wait to get this frame done and off to powder coat. sucks it is so cold out. hope to have it done when while on vacation.

well, here are some more pics. it is freezing but im doing the best I can. I put it together for some inspiration.

when I am done, the wheels will be for sale. the fronts are douglas. not sure if they are black or blue label. will find out this week. the front suspension that's on it now will be going as well. once I get enough post, I will list them in the for sale section.

Got some work done today. Will do more tomorrow.

Got a couple of the suspension brackets made.

Cut the stock fenders for some fun and mounted the pro design kill switch.

I am trying. The major fab work is almost done. Once I know everything is going to work and work correctly, I will finish weld everything up. As well as gusset the frame. Than off to powder coat. The hard part is about done and the easy part is coming, buying New bolt on parts...lol

I hope so too. I really hope the rear end works like I want it to. I'm hoping it will soak up some big bumps without to much bucking. I also hope the motor performs well. I will be big boring it and getting an aftermarket head. Once I get the exhaust sealed back up, I will fire it up again. Can't wait. I also bought an FMF turbine core 2 off eBay and got hosed on that deal. The ad said it was feeling a little light like the packing was removed. But the price was fair but not a buy it now. Had to win it. Got it apart when it showed up. The damn thing was gutted. No packing. No spark screen and no perforated tube. So I said screw it and cut it down and used the cr125 endcaps and packing. No arrester, but I can change that later.